2015 nhl redraft

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I understand that it is likely to early to even think about doing this but here we are.
Keep in mind that for this redraft i will be considering posistional need as well as if a prospect/players has already shown that they are good fit in their respective organization when making thecredraft rankings.

1)/EDM McDavid
2)/BUF Eichel
3)/ARI Barzal
4)/TML Marner
5)/CAR Aho
6)/NJD Provorov
7)/PHI Werenski
8)/CBJ Rantanen
9)/SJS Boeser
10)/COL Conner
11)/FLR Konecny
12)/DAL Debrusk
13)/BOS Hanifin
14)/BOS Meier
15)/BOS Beauvillier
16)/NYI Strome
17)/WPG Chabot
18)/OTT Kaprizov
19)/DET Samsonov
20)/MIN Zacha
21)/ OTT Dermott
22)/ WSH Fischer
23)/ VAN Dunn
24)/PHI Greenway
25)/WPG Roslovic
26)/MTL Eriksson Ek
27)/ANA Cirelli
28)/NYI Sprong
29)/CBJ Niku
30)/ARI Andersson

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
84 point 21-year-old goes 8th and 30+ goal rookie goes 10th and it's not out of place at all. Absurd draft.
Rantanen and Connor are good players but there is no questioning that their stats - especially Connor’s - are greatly inflated by who they play with. No way those guys go any higher right now IMO. Rantanen could be #5 if he repeats this season next year and could easily be #2-3 by the time his career is over, though.

Draft looks pretty good to me.

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
Marner is too high, can't be above provorov or werenski, also wouldn't put him above boeser. Marner played behind and around guys like Matthews, Nylander Kadri etc. Boeser had no one of that caliber except for maybe Horvat even though they barely played with each other due to their injuries. All game plans against the Canucks are "shut down boeser" when teams play the leafs their main focus is not Marner.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eriksson - Ek hasn't been scoring much yet, but he is a really good player. Certainly better than Greenway, at this point. I would not trade him for quite a few of the players above him on the list.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Marner is too high, can't be above provorov or werenski, also wouldn't put him above boeser. Marner played behind and around guys like Matthews, Nylander Kadri etc. Boeser had no one of that caliber except for maybe Horvat even though they barely played with each other due to their injuries. All game plans against the Canucks are "shut down boeser" when teams play the leafs their main focus is not Marner.
Considering that Marner was around a PPG for the last 50 games or so, how well he has fit into the leafs organization, the amount of depth the leafs have on their left side on their blueline, and how big of a hole it would create in the leafs lineup losing Marner, i couldn't see them taking Provorov or Werenski over Marner ATMIT.
No slight against Boeser (i think him and Marner are in the same tier of players) but i just feel like Marner is a better fit on the leafs due to them already having 3 30+ goal scorers on their roster and having more of a need for a playmaker and a player who drives the play opposed to another finisher.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Eriksson - Ek hasn't been scoring much yet, but he is a really good player. Certainly better than Greenway, at this point. I would not trade him for quite a few of the players above him on the list.
I don't think there is really that much seperation between the players i had listed from 14th to 30th. It was just a matter of who i felt would have been a better fit for that specific roster.

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
Considering that Marner was around a PPG for the last 50 games or so, how well he has fit into the leafs organization, the amount of depth the leafs have on their left side on their blueline, and how big of a hole it would create in the leafs lineup losing Marner, i couldn't see them taking Provorov or Werenski over Marner ATMIT.
No slight against Boeser (i think him and Marner are in the same tier of players) but i just feel like Marner is a better fit on the leafs due to them already having 3 30+ goal scorers on their roster and having more of a need for a playmaker and a player who drives the play opposed to another finisher.

Okay fair enough

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
It's funny how the Islanders/Snow went into that draft with no 1st round picks and ended with the steal of the draft and Beau who could be considered a steal as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: WangMustGo

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It's funny how the Islanders/Snow went into that draft with no 1st round picks and ended with the steal of the draft and Beau who could be considered a steal as well.

1704050871_5739425470001_5739422273001-vs.jpg

Reactions: CandyCanes

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Having Marner over Werenski I understand but I think you need Provorov at 4. I guess I could argue Rantanen to go higher but the other guys have strong cases as well. Insane top 10

Kuz

May 11, 2015

Depends what you go for in a redraft. Best player or what the team in that draft position need. Leafs needs a defenceman just as bad as they would have needed a winger without Marner. Anyway its close, but if you go after highest value even considering how good Marner is I would guess Provorov and Werenski have higher value in the league because of position.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Agree with the players in the top 10. As for the order, Aho is a bit too high and Provorov is too low IMO.

Beyond that, it's not worth arguing.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Having Marner over Werenski I understand but I think you need Provorov at 4. I guess I could argue Rantanen to go higher but the other guys have strong cases as well. Insane top 10
Yeah the guys i have ranked 4 through 9 are pretty much all interchangeable for me with the guys i have ranked 10 through 13 are not that far off for me either.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I saw that.

You said in your OP that you considered organizational need. So, I think the Islanders would snag him at 15. They need goalies.
Oh. I figured they were pretty happy with the progression of Sorokin but it can never hurt to have more depth.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I understand that it is likely to early to even think about doing this but here we are.
Keep in mind that for this redraft i will be considering posistional need as well as if a prospect/players has already shown that they are good fit in their respective organization when making thecredraft rankings.

1)/EDM McDavid
2)/BUF Eichel
3)/ARI Barzal
4)/TML Marner
5)/CAR Aho
6)/NJD Provorov
7)/PHI Werenski
8)/CBJ Rantanen
9)/SJS Boeser
10)/COL Conner
11)/FLR Konecny
12)/DAL Debrusk
13)/BOS Hanifin
14)/BOS Meier
15)/BOS Beauvillier
16)/NYI Strome
17)/WPG Chabot
18)/OTT Kaprizov
19)/DET Samsonov
20)/MIN Zacha
21)/ OTT Dermott
22)/ WSH Fischer
23)/ VAN Dunn
24)/PHI Greenway
25)/WPG Roslovic
26)/MTL Eriksson Ek
27)/ANA Cirelli
28)/NYI Sprong
29)/CBJ Niku
30)/ARI Andersson
What a group of studs!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Look at wow stats. Marner is driving his line

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Oh. I figured they were pretty happy with the progression of Sorokin but it can never hurt to have more depth.
You also have to consider that he was only taken the year before so how the feel about him today isn't necessarily how they would've felt with that pick in hand walking up to the stage.

I thought it was a bit bold to put Marner at 4 but I think your argument was solid.
I've often wondered what the Leafs would've done with that pick had they known Matthews was coming the next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad