2015 NHL mock draft 7 rounds

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
This is how the Minnesota Wild's 2015 draft turned out to be:

1 (#14) - Travis Konecny - 5'10" - C - R - Ottawa 67's OHL

Konecny is that electrifying forward that the Wild have lacked since Marian Gaborik. Konecny possesses elite offensive abilities with a huge upside. And with the way our forwards are set for the next 2-3 years, we can take our time developing Konecny. ( I made a top 60 list before this draft and Konecny was #8, and Werenski was #9)

2 (#44) - Mitchell Vande Sompel - 5'10" - D - L - Oshawa Generals OHL

Vande Sompel, like Konecny, is a very smart player with a good upside. Vande Sompel can really move the puck and that is how the Minnesota Wild wants to play the game. Just like our offense our defense is set with awesome Top 4 defense ( Suter, Brodin, Scandella Spurgeon) so we can be patient with Vande Sompel's development. ( Vande Sompel was #28 in my top 60 list )

3 (#75) - Roope Hintz - 6'4" - LW/C - L - Ilves FEL

Hintz is a big skilled forward who has had success playing against men in the Finnish Elite League this season. Hintz is very smart with and without the puck and he can make his line mates better. ( Hintz was #29 in my list ).

4 (#105) - Erik Foley - 5'11" - LW - L - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders USHL

Foley, despite his size, plays big game. He agitates, hits and is that kind of player you love having him in your team but hate to play against. He is not only a defensive type player but he produce offensively too.

Once he fills out he'll be player you can count on. ( Foley was #57 )

5 (#135) - Tyler Soy - 6'0" - C - L - Victoria Royals WHL

Despite his underwhelming season Soy still hasn't lost his potential to be a good two-way center and it's now our job to give him the right push in the prospect camp to elevate his game. Our scouts in the WHL still like him and expect him to develop a lot next season.

6 (#165) - Veini Vehviläinen - 6'1" - G - R - JYP-Akatemia Mestis

Another high potential Finnish goalie in the draft ( Kaapo Kähkönen in 2014 ) is never a bad thing. Vehviläinen is the #1 in his age group in Finland and he has great numbers in the second highest league in Finland playing against men and is capable playing in the Finnish Elite League next season. Very good prospect who I thought was no way to get him in the 6th round.

7 (#195) - Jonne Tammela - 5'11" - LW - L - Kalpa FEL

Tammela is a small highly skilled Finn, who has always produced a lot against his age group even against international competition. Tammela's strengths lies in his offensive attributes and it will be interesting to follow his career as he continues to develop.

7 (#204) - Vili Saarijärvi - 5'10" - D - R - Green Bay Gamblers USHL

Saarijärvi another very smart highly skilled defenseman with a great skating ability. He has always been the #1 PP QB in his time in the Finnish junior NT. Very good prospect who will have to play smart to make up for his lack of size. But him and Vande Sompel can get tips from one the smartest small defensemen in the NHL in Jared Spurgeon who despite his size (5'9") is an elite 2nd pairing defenseman.

And Minnesota Wild's top 10 prospects:

1 Travis Konecny C
2 Matt Dumba D
3 Alex Tuch RW
4 Gustaf Olofsson D
5 Christian Folin D
6 Tyler Graovac C
7 Mario Lucia LW
8 Mitchell Vande Sompel D
9 Michael Keränen RW
10 Roope Hintz LW

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
The New York Islanders from a list select Robby Jackson from the Chicago Steel

They also select Jack McNeely from Lakeville North

The Tampa Bay Lightning are now on the clock

The Islanders once again would like to thank the commissioner for a job well done and would like to introduce the newest Islanders

DRAFT SELECTIONS:
2/37 Timo Meier/W/Halifax (QMJHL)
3/85 Michael Spacek/RW/HC Pardubice (Czech Republic)
3/87 Joel Eriksson Ek/C/Farjestad (SuperElit)
5/126 Chaz Reddekopp/D/Victoria (WHL)
6/177 Nikita Pavlychev/C/Des Moines (USHL)
7/206 Robby Jackson/LW/Chicago (USHL)
7/207 Jack McNeely/D/Lakeville North HS (USHS - MN)

Overall I am happy with how this mock turned out especially since I also added Lucas Lessio though I had to move Scott Mayfield to do it (though I think the difference between Meier and what was there at 117 was worth it)

therightanalysis

Jun 12, 2014
The Pittsburgh Penguins are awarded Maxim Tretiak from Krasnaya Armiya Moskva

The Nashville Predators are now on the clock

EK

Jan 30, 2014
With their final selection, Nashville Predators select

29. Nashville Predators - Nikita Korostelev - Sarnia Sting F
60. Nashville Predators - Nathan Noel - Saint John Sea Dogs F
90. Nashville Predators - Adam Marsh - Saint John Sea Dogs F
101. Nashville Predators - Dante Salituro - Ottawa 67's F
120. Nashville Predators - Simon Bourque - Rimouski Oceanic D
150. Nashville Predators - Luke Opilka - USNTDP G
180. Nashville Predators - Tate Olson - Prince George Cougars D
210. Nashville Predators - Ryan Bednard - Johnstown Tomahawks G

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:habs

With the final pick of the draft, the Montreal Canadiens are happy to select Andrew Picco!

1 (30). Brock Boeser (F)
2 (55). Anthony Beauvillier (F)
2 (61). Guillame Brisebois (D)
3 (91). Denis Malgin (F)
4 (121). Kirill Kaprizov (F)
5 (145). Kyle Capobianco (D)
6 (178). Denis Guryanov (F)
6 (181). Joe Cecconi (D)
7 (211). Andrew Picco (D)

and once again ty for hosting an awesome draft therightanalysis!

therightanalysis

Jun 12, 2014
Wow, can't believe we finished before the start of the world juniors. It was a pleasure doing this draft with everyone and I wish you all the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad