GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft – Jun 26-27 – Info: Posts #1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the least objective and most personal post ever. I dislike the Lehner trade quite a bit, but to think the prospect pool's dry is foolish at best.

You must be right. It must be "subjective" to look at the record book and see that Kane has scored twenty goals once. And "subjective" to see that O'Reilly (himself only a one-time twenty goal scorer) is under contract for just one more year. And "subjective" to see that in the last two years Lehner's GAA was over 3.00 with a save percentage barely touching .900. (I never described the prospect pool as "dry". But history is history: 90% of second-rounders and lower will never become NHL regulars. Ever. The original cache of first-round picks had (in a strong draft) some potential of producing useful players, or being used as assets to obtain more than what the "subjective" assessments above may prove to produce.)

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I assume he's thinking, why do that when Lehner is his No. 1 goalie for the next 10 years? Glad he's confident. Just not sure I am...

Ullmark, Peterson, and last year's pick of Johansson probably is fine for now. I'd expect him to grab one or two next year.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
You must be right. It must be "subjective" to look at the record book and see that Kane has scored twenty goals once. And "subjective" to see that O'Reilly (himself only a one-time twenty goal scorer) is under contract for just one more year. And "subjective" to see that in the last two years Lehner's GAA was over 3.00 with a save percentage barely touching .900. (I never described the prospect pool as "dry". But history is history: 90% of second-rounders and lower will never become NHL regulars. Ever. The original cache of first-round picks had (in a strong draft) some potential of producing useful players, or being used as assets to obtain more than what the "subjective" assessments above may prove to produce.)
Please quantify destructive hubris and reckless arrogance. We've all enjoyed Brad Browns as a measure of speed, so let us keep this ball rolling.

Say, a 20 point scale? Gandhi with 1 murray, Gaston with 16 murries? Tim with 20 murries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad