TSN: 2015 NHL Draftees ranking 1 to 100

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Current rankings of the 2015 draftees. When the dust settles on MacDavid and Eichel, whoever gets the 3rd pick is getting one stud center in Strome, the OHL scoring champ, 6'3 and had 129 pts in 68 games.
Depending where the Kings end up , 15th (no playoffs) thru 30, lots of good wingers, which I think they should go for.

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-suspenseful-race-for-no-3-1.249965

This is the ISS list , ,more accurate but not as up to date

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2015&layout=&ranking=Rank3

Last edited:

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
He's 4 on the ISS list, much more accurate but not as current.

Current? The link you provided says it's the ISS top-30 for April. I don't think you can link to a more current one (unless this is April 2014 and I'm not noticing it).

EDIT: Actually, it looks like the second link you provided can be toggled between multiple lists (at the top with the yellow start next to them). Each one states when the list was released. Great link for draft rankings!

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Hanifin at 12:laugh:

Craig Button's list is not something I can take seriously.

Oh and with our pick at 13th or 14th I'd like to get either a Voynov replacement (Werenski or Provorov if still available) or a left-shooting winger who could play LW, such as Zacha or Connor.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I'm gonna sound like a jerk, but I kinda wanna stay away from Russians unless they're generational or something.

Just make sure they're committed to coming over and spending some time in the AHL, I mean the Blues got Tarasenko roughly where the Kings would be drafting based on the current standings so you gotta go for it if you get that impression. But for the love of god double check their contract status, don't want another Kitsyn/Prokhorkin situation.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Prokhorkin, I bet he wishes he came over to NA. He has had a terrible season in the KHL. O well, the guy is on record saying he doesn't want to play in the AHL.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Enjoy rotting in Europe then. The Kings will slam the door in your face if you don't wanna play in the A. Guess he doesn't want to be a better player by paying his dues.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Just make sure they're committed to coming over and spending some time in the AHL, I mean the Blues got Tarasenko roughly where the Kings would be drafting based on the current standings so you gotta go for it if you get that impression. But for the love of god double check their contract status, don't want another Kitsyn/Prokhorkin situation.

I mean, I don't want another Voynov situation.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Craig Button's list is not something I can take seriously.

Oh and with our pick at 13th or 14th I'd like to get either a Voynov replacement (Werenski or Provorov if still available) or a left-shooting winger who could play LW, such as Zacha or Connor.

I think it's time to target a high end center. The Kings do not have a top 6 center
in the system. Weal does not seem to be quite that and Kempe is playing right wing...although can play center. Dowd is emerging, but will most likely not be top 6 and he turns 25 next month. Shore is thankfully progressing, but is 3rd center at best. Amadio shows some promise.

The Kings have decent depth on wings. (although not as much on LW) Zykov,
Kempe, Mersch, Brodzinski, Mistele, Auger. On D, there is Forbert, Miller, Ebert,
Lintuniemi, LaDue, Leslie, Roach, and MacDermid. And Gravel, if they sign him.
Sekera is 28, so if the Kings can sign him, a little less pressure to get a top 4 defenseman in the draft. Kopitar is already on the decline. Time to draft centers.

Zykov can play LW. I hope a center that the Kings covet fall to them.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
forgot what it's like to have to pay mind to the upcoming draft class...

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I think it's time to target a high end center. The Kings do not have a top 6 center
in the system. Weal does not seem to be quite that and Kempe is playing right wing...although can play center. Dowd is emerging, but will most likely not be top 6 and he turns 25 next month. Shore is thankfully progressing, but is 3rd center at best. Amadio shows some promise.

The Kings have decent depth on wings. (although not as much on LW) Zykov,
Kempe, Mersch, Brodzinski, Mistele, Auger. On D, there is Forbert, Miller, Ebert,
Lintuniemi, LaDue, Leslie, Roach, and MacDermid. And Gravel, if they sign him.
Sekera is 28, so if the Kings can sign him, a little less pressure to get a top 4 defenseman in the draft. Kopitar is already on the decline. Time to draft centers.

Zykov can play LW. I hope a center that the Kings covet fall to them.
Kopitar & Carter are good enough for the next 3-5 years. THe problem is you won't get a "high end center" outside the top 10. After McDavid & Eichel, Strome and Marner will be gone pretty quickly. After that you can maybe get Barzal or Merkley. Would it make sense? Sure, fair enough. Are they high end? I don't know.

But the only left-shooting top-9 wingers we have are Pearson and Gaborik, and Gaborik is a natural RW (And old. And injury-prone). Everyone else shoots right.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sign me up for Barzal, Konecny, or Meier if they're available in that order. Otherwise I really like what ivese' en on D from Kylington.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Sign me up for Barzal, Konecny, or Meier if they're available in that order. Otherwise I really like what ivese' en on D from Kylington.

Konecny and Greenway are the two names that stood out to me as potential targets. Greenway isn't a first IMO, but he is exactly what the Kings seem to look for. Huge. 6'5 and like 230. He's a moose.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Konecny and Greenway are the two names that stood out to me as potential targets. Greenway isn't a first IMO, but he is exactly what the Kings seem to look for. Huge. 6'5 and like 230. He's a moose.

Just realized Konecny is with Ottawa 67s. Lock it up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad