2015 NHL Draft Thread Part IV (Draft Lottery: April 18, 8:00 pm ET, NBC, CBC and TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
a lot of skill combined with physical talent there. Don't get me wrong... a lot is raw, but next year could be another fantastic draft, though outside of Chychrun I don't think the D is as good as this years.

The high end talent might not appear to be there right now but the depth isn't bad. Fabbro has been rated highly on some early lists. Day looks like he's going the opposite way as time goes on. The US Program kids are solid but don't appear to be all around players. Green had a good rookie year after going #1 in the 2014 Q draft.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft...ut=&ranking=&nation=&sort=&league=&con=&pos=D

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The high end talent might not appear to be there right now but the depth isn't bad. Fabbro has been rated highly on some early lists. Day looks like he's going the opposite way as time goes on. The US Program kids are solid but don't appear to be all around players. Green had a good rookie year after going #1 in the 2014 Q draft.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft...ut=&ranking=&nation=&sort=&league=&con=&pos=D

Yeh, Juolevi is a potential 1st pairing guy as well.

I saw some of Kale Clague this year as well and he is a pretty interesting player.

I mean, it is early but 2016s 1st round is looking like it will be pretty high quality as well, not as good as 2015 but full of excellent prospects and with a higher top end and deeper 2nd tier than most drafts.

It does seem that 2015 and 2016 would be the best two years in a row to be bad (ie top 10 pick both years) for an NHL team in the last ~10 years!

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Anyone know anything about Vince Dunn, defenseman for the Niagara Ice Dogs? Heard he's been rising and could be a late 1st rnder? Only reason I ask is because we all know the Flyers love their risers. Think they would take him with TB's pick?

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Bad for Tampa or bad for Detroit?

I won't speak for GoneFullHextall but I think it's bad for Tampa. Their still relatively inexperienced in the post season. A veteran team with a good coach is gonna force Tampa to have play really well.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yeh, Juolevi is a potential 1st pairing guy as well.

I saw some of Kale Clague this year as well and he is a pretty interesting player.

I mean, it is early but 2016s 1st round is looking like it will be pretty high quality as well, not as good as 2015 but full of excellent prospects and with a higher top end and deeper 2nd tier than most drafts.

It does seem that 2015 and 2016 would be the best two years in a row to be bad (ie top 10 pick both years) for an NHL team in the last ~10 years!

Well next year the Flyers could be just as bad as they continue to transition away from the bad contracts into the prospects.

With the great forward depth available next year, I wonder if going defense in the 1st rd again this year might be the way to go; Provorov/Werenski 1st and maybe Roy with the 2nd 1st rd. I would much rather go forward with the 2nd 1st rd and trade up from Chicago's pick to the top of 2nd and try to catch Meloche or even Roy if he falls that far.

I know Hextall can't go into next season expecting to be bad but his hands are really tied with this roster.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well next year the Flyers could be just as bad as they continue to transition away from the bad contracts into the prospects.

With the great forward depth available next year, I wonder if going defense in the 1st rd again this year might be the way to go; Provorov/Werenski 1st and maybe Roy with the 2nd 1st rd. I would much rather go forward with the 2nd 1st rd and trade up from Chicago's pick to the top of 2nd and try to catch Meloche or even Roy if he falls that far.

I know Hextall can't go into next season expecting to be bad but his hands are really tied with this roster.

Interesting idea for sure.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Jeremy Bracco's still very much on my radar. Ideally we'd trade up in the second to snatch him, but I'd honestly be satisfied taking him with TB's pick.

I don't think he's a guy our scouts covet, but I personally think he's got a strong NHL future even if he's a guy who won't be making an impact for three or four years more.

I'm also a big fan of J. Roy, but that would come down to who we take with our top pick. I don't think it's wise to go with two defenders in the first round, and Hextall's latest comments make me believe he's on that page as well.

SchennSational1022*

Jeremy Bracco's still very much on my radar. Ideally we'd trade up in the second to snatch him, but I'd honestly be satisfied taking him with TB's pick.

I don't think he's a guy our scouts covet, but I personally think he's got a strong NHL future even if he's a guy who won't be making an impact for three or four years more.

I'm also a big fan of J. Roy, but that would come down to who we take with our top pick. I don't think it's wise to go with two defenders in the first round, and Hextall's latest comments make me believe he's on that page as well.

I have a feeling Bracco is one of the last guys we'd draft :laugh:. Just seems so anti-Flyer. If we could get Barzal/Crouse/Rantanen with our pick, then Roy with Tamp's, wow that would be something else.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I have a feeling Bracco is one of the last guys we'd draft :laugh:. Just seems so anti-Flyer. If we could get Barzal/Crouse/Rantanen with our pick, then Roy with Tamp's, wow that would be something else.

I agree with you. He's not a Flyers kind of pick. Which is fine. No philosophy is necessarily "right" (though some are more right than others, and some are most definitely "wrong"), and the Flyers philosophy has yielded some real quality over the years, so I won't be mad by ignoring Bracco-types if they still manage to land hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad