2015 NHL Draft Thread Part IV (Draft Lottery: April 18, 8:00 pm ET, NBC, CBC and TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I could definitely see the Flyers gambling on Zacha. He's big, feisty and has a lot of offensive tools. Production hasn't matched the tools yet, and some question his hockey IQ.

But he has a lot of potential.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
That's the scariest type of kid. The "Tools" without the IQ.
Yeah, it's definitely a risk. But his tools (size, skating, tenacity, shot and skill) are really tempting.

Button isn't high on him, but a lot of other publications are.

Seems like it was a tough year for Zacha personally. First year in NA, injured, couple suspensions, etc.

If his brain eventually catches up to his skills you have a top line goal scoring "skilled" power forward who has the ability to dominate games.

If not, he can still be a good middle 6 player who would probably piss a lot of people off in a fanbase because of the inconsistent play.

Overall, he's a guy I'm definitely intrigued by. He seems to be more naturally talented offensively than Crouse.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
I have this sinking feeling that a team above the Flyers in the draft is going to win the lottery. Or the Devils. Or the Leafs. Basically if any team wins besides the Flyers, Sabres, or Coyotes I'm going to be pissed.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I've had a terrible feeling for a long time that McDavid is going to be a Devil. Just rename the Metro Division the Franchise Center's.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Yeah, it's definitely a risk. But his tools (size, skating, tenacity, shot and skill) are really tempting.

Button isn't high on him, but a lot of other publications are.

Seems like it was a tough year for Zacha personally. First year in NA, injured, couple suspensions, etc.

If his brain eventually catches up to his skills you have a top line goal scoring "skilled" power forward who has the ability to dominate games.

If not, he can still be a good middle 6 player who would probably piss a lot of people off in a fanbase because of the inconsistent play.

Overall, he's a guy I'm definitely intrigued by. He seems to be more naturally talented offensively than Crouse.
Yeah, He's definitely an attractive player but I don't think I'd have the balls to take him at 7.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
I've had a terrible feeling for a long time that McDavid is going to be a Devil. Just rename the Metro Division the Franchise Center's.

I've thought the same. Don't know why, but I can see him in a Devils Jersey more than any other team.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, it's not worth it. I rather pick two players in the first round than move up a few spots.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sportsology/2015/04/11/off-the-post
A couple of bloggers talking about the flyers season with the first part dedicated to the draft. What's interesting is two of them including Meltzer think the Flyets may package both 1sts to move up from 7. No names we're given of the possible target or targets.

Bit surprising. I do agree that a 2c is an important piece they need. Much more than the LW for the first line everyone is always talking about.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It really shouldn't come to no surprise. The flyers have a lot of ammo this draft and The top 5 of this draft is signifcantly better than the next tier.

I'd much rather add a guy like marner than Werenski and bitter, or Barzal and Greenway.

I'm all for a move into the top 5.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Bit surprising. I do agree that a 2c is an important piece they need. Much more than the LW for the first line everyone is always talking about.

i would think it would be a center as well and probably Strome. But I doubt anyone is willing to trade back out of the top 3 centers, whom I think will go 1,2,3 regardless of team order. I don't think the Flyers would move both 1sts for Marner and defensemen doesn't make sense unless they view one of them way above the other two and NHL ready on top of it.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hmm, that is interesting indeed. Yes we do have a lot of ammo. My guess would be Marner. Who wouldn't want Claude giroux 2.0. The leafs would be a team that would go for a two for 1. We have holes to fill but they have a lot more holes to fill.
Then if we pull that off, our second rounder would likely be d or goalie.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
I think Carolina would be the only possible team willing to accept two firsts to move back. Still, that cost for 2 spots is rough. It would be neat if we could do a 1st (7th OA) + Read but that's extreme wishful thinking :(

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
This is all elementary. When we win the draft lottery we're picking McDavid.

But really, I'd definitely consider moving into the top 5 if possible. A high-end center to run 1-2 with G for the next 7 years would be freaking amazing.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Yeah, this team desperately needs more skill in the system, and while the kids in our range currently are nice players, one of McDavid, Eichel, Strome, or Marner would suit us far better. I'd be all for it.

Haute Couturier

Feb 28, 2007
Philadelphia
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sportsology/2015/04/11/off-the-post
A couple of bloggers talking about the flyers season with the first part dedicated to the draft. What's interesting is two of them including Meltzer think the Flyets may package both 1sts to move up from 7. No names we're given of the possible target or targets.
Doesn't the media/bloggers float the idea of the Flyers moving up every year but it never happens? I think it is difficult to pull off.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Doesn't the media/bloggers float the idea of the Flyers moving up every year but it never happens? I think it is difficult to pull off.

There was a deal on the table last year with FLA, but I guess Hexy felt the price was too steep. I think it was something like the 17th + Simmonds to move up to the 1st?

We might actually have the assets to pull something off this year, and we're most likely only moving up 4 spots max, so it's not like it's totally outside the realm of possibility.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
There was a deal on the table last year with FLA, but I guess Hexy felt the price was too steep. I think it was something like the 17th + Simmonds to move up to the 1st?

We might actually have the assets to pull something off this year, and we're most likely only moving up 4 spots max, so it's not like it's totally outside the realm of possibility.

I believe it was... 17th + Simmonds or Schenn (depending on what rumor) + Unprotected 1st this year. The real hang up seemed to be that Hextall wanted this years 1st to have top 10 protection.

This could, of course, be all bull crap. But that seemed to be the prevalent rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad