2015 NHL Draft Thread Part IV (Draft Lottery: April 18, 8:00 pm ET, NBC, CBC and TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
UPDATE on APRIL 12:

NHL draft lottery to be held Saturday April 18 at 8 pm ET on NBC, CBC and TVA sports
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March on.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1836961&page=41
-------------------

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/source-nhl-draft-lottery-held-april-18/

That day will come on April 18 when the NHL draft lottery is held to determine which team will have the right to draft sensational teenager Connor McDavid of the OHL Erie Otters at the NHL draft in June, sources tell Sportsnet.

The draft lottery will take place in Toronto and will be broadcast during a Hockey Night in Canada playoff show.

----------------------
draftodds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2010
Can't sleep...

Ran the NHL draft lottery 12 times and the flyers won 3 times! Second only to Buffalos 4. Pretty exciting how plausible it is. When is the lottery? Heard it was pretty soon after the reg season is over.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/

I just ran it 35 times before the Flyers won once. Buffalo with 10 wins in there. :(

Unfortunately, I think my results are statistically more probable. Any statisticians want to confirm?

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
Can't sleep...

Ran the NHL draft lottery 12 times and the flyers won 3 times! Second only to Buffalos 4. Pretty exciting how plausible it is. When is the lottery? Heard it was pretty soon after the reg season is over.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/

I just ran it 35 times before the Flyers won once. Buffalo with 10 wins in there. :(

Unfortunately, I think my results are statistically more probable. Any statisticians want to confirm?

Over an even number of trials that they both have in common, so 420, your scenario is actually the less likely one. The sample size on both is way too small to get an accurate distribution though. Huge error values. Take my math with a grain of salt though probability isn't my strong suit.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Outside of the Flyers winning the lottery, I really hope Buffalo finishes second last to Arizona and they get bumped to third.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Outside of the Flyers winning the lottery, I really hope Buffalo finishes second last to Arizona and they get bumped to third.

Just as long as Edm doesn't win it again, but yes it would funny if Buffalo got bumped to 3rd

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I want provorov or however you spell that, dude has potential to be #1 d man in this league and is more than gifted offensively and defensively I'd take him or hanifan tbh

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Just did it 15 more times before the flyers won. LA won it twice before that. Can you imagine if they won it?!

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I wouldn't put much stock into a lottery draft simulation. There is no random-number generator, only pseudo-random.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So looks like we should be no lower than 8th. Hope they don't **** the pick up after sitting through this year.

I ran the simulator once, Flyers won the lottery:naughty:

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
If Edmonton or Toronto wins the lottery I'll bash my head through a wall.

I'll bash your head thru the wall too....:laugh: (edit: thats a joke btw - in case it gets lost on some....)

Along with anyone I come in contact with. (Angry at everything)

Season is a nightmare, end it and draft the BPA.

:help:

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
We need Rantanen. Would be awesome with G and Jake.

Rantanen-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Laughton-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Raffl
Cousins-Bellemare-White

Leier would eventually replace Read, White, Cousins or Raffl.

I like Jacob Larsson or Jordan Greenway for the later pick.

Morin-Streit
Schultz-Sanheim
Del Zotto-Schenn

I also think Sanheim & Morin are good enough out of camp. Go future, Gostisbehere eventually would replace Streit. Hägg would reace Schultz. Larsson would replace Schenn.

Last edited:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm

As the sample size grows larger the distribution of lottery wins will converge to each teams expected value - which is the lottery percentage. I.e Buffalo has a 20% chance to win the lottery. If sufficiently many draws are made, the share of lottery wins by Buffalo will eventually get to 20%.

Oh, and:

mcdavid-flyers.0.png

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Flyers have too many home games left. I could see all of NJD, CLB and PHI winning 4 games apiece, leaving the Flyers in 8th.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rantanen is an off-wing, so he wouldn't fit on a line with Giroux and Voracek.

Rantanen's production levels also haven't been particularly eye-opening.

Can't say he's at the top of my list for what will likely be the 7th or 8th pick in a deep top 10.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Rantanen is an off-wing, so he wouldn't fit on a line with Giroux and Voracek.

Rantanen's production levels also haven't been particularly eye-opening.

Can't say he's at the top of my list for what will likely be the 7th or 8th pick in a deep top 10.

0.50 PPG and -1 in Liiga while draft eligible on one of the worst teams in the last few years is pretty good, they only scored 2 GPG this season and were -50 in goal difference.

No player under 20 has scored more than he has this year... heck, he was 7th in scoring for Liiga forwards under age 24.

He was also great at the WJC.

The 'concern' for me with Rantanen is that he is more of a playmaker than the goalscorer... he feels like the kind of winger who will if he hits never really get more than 25 goals, though he definitely has 70pt potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->