2015 NHL Draft Thread II (6/26-6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
From previous thread:

You would think that San Jose would be able to beat Edmonton, and Florida should have a decent chance against New Jersey. If we can stay behind those two, that would be gravy. I say this not really believing there is a discernible difference between 7 and 11, just that I would like 7 more.

That is exactly the point. Not that we won't get a good guy at 11 but at 7 we will have 4 more to chose from. Could mean the difference in getting Werenski or Provorov or not. I don't know if Jarmo & Co are leaning to wanting a D in the first round but if they are there is a much better chance they will be available at 7 rather than 11.

I really hope we lose to the Isles (and Buffalo too for that matter) for this very reason. To get a bigger, better, group to pick from is much more important than a couple more feel good moments. The team has already proved they don't quit and I don't expect them to, nor would I want them to, in the last 2 games either. I just hope they lose at least once.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
From previous thread:

That is exactly the point. Not that we won't get a good guy at 11 but at 7 we will have 4 more to chose from. Could mean the difference in getting Werenski or Provorov or not. I don't know if Jarmo & Co are leaning to wanting a D in the first round but if they are there is a much better chance they will be available at 7 rather than 11.

I really hope we lose to the Isles (and Buffalo too for that matter) for this very reason. To get a bigger, better, group to pick from is much more important than a couple more feel good moments. The team has already proved they don't quit and I don't expect them to, nor would I want them to, in the last 2 games either. I just hope they lose at least once.

I had no idea this was your position. Why haven't you said so sooner?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I had no idea this was your position. Why haven't you said so sooner?

If I didn't know better, I would think you are being sarcastic.:laugh:

I actually thought of :deadhorse 'g my own post when I was posting.

I am just trying to convert just one flag waving, motherhood and apple pie mid-western fan to the eastern mentality. (No not that spiritual Eastern philosophical stuff just the east coast style:laugh:)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I

I am just trying to convert just one flag waving, motherhood and apple pie mid-western fan to the eastern mentality. (No not that spiritual Eastern philosophical stuff just the east coast style:laugh:)

D019_LennonMaharishi.jpg

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
From previous thread:

I actually much prefer the players that are more commonly ranked in the 10-15 range (Meier, Merkley, Rantanen, Konecny, often Barzal is that range too) than those ranked in the 7-10 range (Werenski, Crouse, Connor sometimes). But yeah, as far as trade value goes, the 7 is worth more. We could still win out and end up 8th though. Would be nice if a 15-1-1 run resulted in us dropping only from 6 to 8, and only losing 1.5% chance at #1 (7.5% -> 6.0%), hopefully it plays out that way.

Its kinda crazy to think that Arizona only has about 2x the chance to land McDavid that we do. (13.5% vs 6%)

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
Please flame for this, but this is what happens in the stands with friends: we were talking about if the standings stay where they are and we win the draft lottery, giving BUF the #2 and ARZ the #3. If it happened, I suggested we offer Arizona Tyutin and our #1 overall for OEL and the #3 overall. Would give us pairings of OEL - Murray, Johnson - Savard, and then a bottom pairing with either Prout/Golo/Connauton. And then we draft Hanifin. I'm sure ARZ fans would say no, but just a fun thought we had last night while we watched Toronto get hammered into oblivion.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Please flame for this, but this is what happens in the stands with friends: we were talking about if the standings stay where they are and we win the draft lottery, giving BUF the #2 and ARZ the #3. If it happened, I suggested we offer Arizona Tyutin and our #1 overall for OEL and the #3 overall. Would give us pairings of OEL - Murray, Johnson - Savard, and then a bottom pairing with either Prout/Golo/Connauton. And then we draft Hanifin. I'm sure ARZ fans would say no, but just a fun thought we had last night while we watched Toronto get hammered into oblivion.

While the pairings you suggest would be nice you just can't pass on McDavid. And I think AZ fans would jump all over it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Perhaps you also were getting hammered?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

AZ would say no way.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Now to some serious stuff:

Currently 8th
No worse than 11th pick
Could be as good as 7th

SJ @LA 89 pts

Fla- NJ 89 pts

Colorado- Chi. 88 pts

Blue Jackets - Buffalo, @Isles 85 pts

Philly (bozos lost to Carolina last night)- Ottawa 84 pts

Who cares Dept

Dallas - Anaheim 90 pts

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Now to some serious stuff:

Currently 8th
No worse than 11th pick
Could be as good as 7th

SJ @LA 89 pts

Fla- NJ 89 pts

Colorado- Chi. 88 pts

Blue Jackets - Buffalo, @Isles 85 pts

Philly (bozos lost to Carolina last night)- Ottawa 84 pts

Who cares Dept

Dallas - Anaheim 90 pts

CBJ can't catch San Jose based on ROW tie breaker. So worst is 10th pick overall, 11th if someone above wins the lottery.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I'm growing very fond of Brandon Carlo and think he's a project that will pay huge dividends to someone. Werenski, however, I'm thinking a little less of, if only because I'm starting to nitpick his game. Regardless, I'd make Carlo the third defenseman taken in this draft without really a second thought. Think he's gonna be a gamer.

I'm also really high on Jakub Zboril. Hope he falls into the second round.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm growing very fond of Brandon Carlo and think he's a project that will pay huge dividends to someone. Werenski, however, I'm thinking a little less of, if only because I'm starting to nitpick his game. Regardless, I'd make Carlo the third defenseman taken in this draft without really a second thought. Think he's gonna be a gamer.

gonna be really interesting to see who falls, really happy to have all of those 2nd rounders :)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

No way Zboril falls out of the first round...

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
8-10 now, after the win vs buffalo

The Jackets have had the #8 pick 3 times before. They picked Alexandre Picard, Pascal Leclaire and traded one #8 pick (Couturier) with Voracek for Jeff Carter. Bad juju here although Leclaire did get us Vermette.

The Jackets have never picked #9 or #10 and I don't believe they had a #9 or #10 overall pick play for them (after a trade, for example).

Seems like the Jackets need to win tomorrow to try and get out of the 8 spot. Picking first or ninth works for me.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Jackets have had the #8 pick 3 times before. They picked Alexandre Picard, Pascal Leclaire and traded one #8 pick (Couturier) with Voracek for Jeff Carter. Bad juju here although Leclaire did get us Vermette.

Vermette also gave us Bobrovsky ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->