2015 NHL Draft Thread Full of Hope and Optimism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Let's begin, shall we?

I submit for your perusal this young fellow, who is both a center, a Michigan kid, a Michigan commit, a Wings fan, and a potential top 10 player. He's LH, though, so obviously we should pass him on by. :P

http://www.youngstownphantoms.com/roster/kyle-connor/

2. Kyle Connor, F, Youngstown Phantoms

6’1″, 170, 2015 draft eligible

College Commitment: University of Michigan

With 2015 prospects Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel hogging all the attention for next year’s draft, we want to add a name to that discussion: Kyle Connor. Although he’s not in the same stratosphere as the other two top young stars, this Connor should be considered a potential first round selection in next year’s draft. A late 1996, Connor played well in both the Ivan Hlinka and the World Junior A Challenge tournaments in 2013. In addition, he is one of the leading scorers in the USHL in his sophomore season in the league (41 points in 29 games).

A thread on him: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1568931

and the videos.

in Michigan's 2015 class Kyle Connor has seen his stock soar over the past year, obliterating competition at every level he plays at.

Connor is the elite playmaking center that Michigan has not had in quite some time. His puck handling is excellent, with good footwork and a strong first stride. A smart player, Connor's hockey sense has been part of the reason he excels wherever he goes.

His 200-foot game is a work in progress, but that's understandable for a younger scoring phenom. Youngstown coach Anthony Noreen has noted it's not always easy to get forechecking out of an elite scorer like Connor, but it's a part of his game he's been working on.

Connor's recent success playing at the U-18 Worlds has solidified his place as a 1st round pick. If he stays with his commitment, when the 2015 draft comes around Connor could be Michigan's highest drafted forward recruit since Eric Nystrom was taken 10th overall in 2002.

from http://centericehockey.us/KyleConnor

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Really don't mind if we finish with the 15th overall pick again this year....So many impressive players in that list, even discounting McDavid and Eichel.

I'm also seeing about 10 centers projected in the top 20.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I can only imagine the resentment from other teams if the one year we falter turns out to be an incredible draft.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Big fan of Mitch Marner, he'd probably be my top realistic target. Would be thrilled with Jeremy Roy, Kyle Connor, or Zach Werenski as well. Jordan Greenway is pretty intriguing, he and Mantha on a line would be....towering.

Brandel*

Should be a good draft for the Q. Jeremy Roy and Sprong look very, very good.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Kylington will drop because scouts will convince themselves he's only good offensively for some reason. Already seen some incompetent scouting site claim such things recently.

Hope it continues.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Gustaf Franzén is an intresting prospect. Look for him to climb the rankings during his season in Kitchener.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I've seen some lists where Travis Konecny is around the 10-13 range and someone like Mitchell Marner in the mid to late teens both are highly skilled centers that would pretty much complete our prospect pool. The problem with a lot of the players in 2015 is that they appear to still be undersized.

Overall this draft appears to be quite similar to the 2013 draft.

Last edited:

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Matt Spencer (RH Defenceman from Peterborough) and Nikita Korostalev (RH Winger from Sarnia) are guys from the OHL I like. I know a lot can change but right now they are rated as late first/early second round guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad