Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft - Pick #79 - Sergey Zborovskiy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Day doesn't pan out, that likely makes this 3 consecutive draft years for NYR (2014-2016) without a single successful skater.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
If Day doesn't pan out, that likely makes this 3 consecutive draft years for NYR (2014-2016) without a single successful skater.
In all fairness, we didn't have a first rounder in any of those drafts. Still pretty bad, though.

But, there are still a couple players hanging out there that could become something:
Shestyorkin (2014)
Huska (2015)
and most of the 2016 class (Day, Gettinger, Fontaine, Ronning)

Reactions: haveandare

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I think that's the risk the Rangers were willing to take.

I don't know if any of those drafts were on the higher end of the depth spectrum, so our chances of success were never going to be favorable once we traded some many higher picks.

Unfortunately, there were no obvious opportunities to add an intriguing prospect like there was in 2013.

The closest we had was Saarela, and he was the prospect we traded.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think that's the risk the Rangers were willing to take.

I don't know if any of those drafts were on the higher end of the depth spectrum, so our chances of success were never going to be favorable once we traded some many higher picks.

Unfortunately, there were no obvious opportunities to add an intriguing prospect like there was in 2013.

The closest we had was Saarela, and he was the prospect we traded.

I remember hoping Fox or Greenway would slide to our 3rd round pick in 2016, but it didn't end up that way.

Still, it's hard to argue that Day isn't an 'intriguing' prospect/pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->