Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft - Pick #79 - Sergey Zborovskiy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Didn't mean to imply that I think McIlrath is bad, because I do not. I think he's going to surprise some people this year.

You didn't imply that. You said he's "not bad". I don't see any proof of that. Right now, until proven otherwise he's a bust. This is not the US court system. To me he's guilty until proven innocent.

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
decent kid here.

moscow kid played for dynamo.

fits the mold for a nyr dman 6'3 200 lbs.

and hes already here so thats good.

dont know much about him other than he was a main guy for regina and plays with some snarl.

another solid pick.

Jeez, aren't you the optimist today? Where's the real ODC?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Horrible ****ing day. One guy I'm excited about and a MAJOR downgrade from Hags to Etem.

Why??? How do we KNOW this?

I'll go back to what I said last night fully recognizing that I am as guilty as anyone else.

We'll "likely" look back on this in say five years and realize we got another Hagelin, or Sauer, or Zuccarello from today.

Whatever. I guess that's just the way we all roll as Rangers fans.

All I know is I'm having fun right now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why??? How do we KNOW this?

I'll go back to what I said last night fully recognizing that I am as guilty as anyone else.

We'll "likely" look back on this in say five years and realize we got another Hagelin, or Sauer, or Zuccarello from today.

Whatever. I guess that's just the way we all roll as Rangers fans.

All I know is I'm having fun right now.

It's mostly a horrible day because of the Hagelin trade. I can't really talk about the picks. I know I posted it in this thread which is about a pick. But I guess I should be patient with that. However, all I read is that Etem is a stupid player that shouldn't be playing at this level.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's mostly a horrible day because of the Hagelin trade. I can't really talk about the picks. I know I posted it in this thread which is about a pick. But I guess I should be patient with that. However, all I read is that Etem is a stupid player that shouldn't be playing at this level.

youre basing your opinion on etem based on what youve read?

ive seen etem a bit. he actually in some ways reminds me a lot of kreider and miller before they made the jump.

i like him a lot. big time potential. hes hockey stupid the same way kreider is hockey stupid and the same way that hagelin is hockey stupid....hes NOT...its just a simplistic way of saying he hasnt put it all together yet at this level. but hes dominated at every other level hes played at, and hes only 23.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

ive seen etem a bit. he actually in some ways reminds me a lot of kreider and miller before they made the jump.

i like him a lot. big time potential. hes hockey stupid the same way kreider is hockey stupid and the same way that hagelin is hockey stupid....hes NOT...its just a simplistic way of saying he hasnt put it all together yet at this level. but hes dominated at every other level hes played at, and hes only 23.

100% agreed. (Even if we are OT here.) :)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched a video where his CHL GM said he's 6'4 around 195 pounds, moves the puck well, skates well and played in all situations when he was playing in Russia. Thats about all I could find.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
guy makes Danny G look like Brent Seabrook offensively. If he ever sniffs top6 I think silverfish will have to defend a new corsi god regarding usage and why his shot creation/suppression is so bad

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I don't get to see him play too much. But I've never seen people on the Rangers board say the type of **** Ducks fans say about him. Sure both Hagelin and Kreider get called "stupid", but I've never seen the type of responses that Etem got. Maybe it's unfair to judge him based on that. But it's tough losing a guy like Hags for a guy that might never amount to anything. Which I do realize is true with almost every draft pick.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sorry to say, but I really don't like this pick. He was WAY down on my WHL list at 96.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2015/05/final-whl-rankings-2015-nhl-draft.html

#96 Sergey Zborovskiy

Team: Regina Pats
Position: D
Shoots: R
Height: 6’3
Weight: 198
GP: 71
Goals: 3
Assists: 16
Pts/Gm: 0.26
PIM: 70

Player Analysis: Sergey Zborovskiy is a big, strong import blueliner for the Regina Pats…everything Zborovskiy does is hard…owns a long and driving stride with immense power in his edges…speed isn’t amazing but gets the job done at this level…footwork is a tad clumsy and acceleration is a bit heavy but is nothing that can’t be corrected with some good old fashioned hard work…have seen him get beat wide from time to time, not adjusting quickly enough to the speed of an onrushing opponent…hip rotation and east-west mobility is also a fairly sizable weakness against the rush at times…

uses his powerful driving stride to aid his physical play…hits hard and with a purpose, relying on his 6’3 frame with regularity…will really be doing some damage once he adds another 15 pounds to his frame…passes the puck with some real zip but it’s not always very accurate…doesn’t seem to have the ability to take a bit off his passes to allow for easier reception…it’s safe to say that I think he lacks a bit in his ability to handle the puck…don’t mind his ability to defend despite some minor mobility concerns…takes up a lot of space…has a long reach and uses his stick well in 1 on 1’s…covers lanes well and blocks shots…some of his pinches aren’t exactly the best decisions but he showed some decent growth in that throughout this year…his overall ability to process the play in a quick fashion has been a fairly large concern for me at times…seemed to be a half-second behind the play mentally during the vast majority of my viewings this year…overall he has a lot of pro-style attributes including his size and how “hard” he does everything, which would stand up well against players bigger and stronger than him…

is a regular on the penalty kill while spending most of the season on the Pats second pairing at even-strength…is listed at 6’4 on his WHL page but 6’3 by NHL Central Scouting…was a 1st round pick, 39th overall, by the Pats in the 2014 CHL Import Draft…I personally don’t have Zborovskiy ranked as a draftable player but wouldn’t be shocked if a team likes him enough to take him in the 7th round…with absolutely perfect development I think he projects as a bottom-pairing defender at the NHL level…for me, his somewhat laboured ability to process the game at a quick pace and lack of puck skill are red flags, although both can be improved over time…I wouldn’t be shocked if he was given serious consideration as an overage draft-candidate next year if he can show solid signs of improvement over the next calendar year, including showing some big signs of improved offensive ability and subsequent production…

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So you're saying you haven't watched him play? He's every bit as good of a skater as Graves, but with better lateral movement and agility.

Thanks for chiming in. Sounds like he really moves well for a big guy. The Rangers still lack a couple of players who make opponents take notice.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Classical Slats pick.
Hes got to hit a homer with one some day.

you mean in terms of a big defenseman? or in terms of a boom/bust pick?

rangers have made a ton of those picks really count for themselves over the past few years. Kreider immediately comes to mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->