Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft - Pick #184 - Adam Huska

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I can't find one scouting report on the kid. He played 6 games in the USHL last year. Does anybody know if he is going to go back to Slovakia? Is he headed to college? What's the deal?

Has anybody seen him play? :)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Read that he's a Talbot type project goalie. Has the tools to be a good goalie, but doesn't have the mechanics down yet.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Great...get in line behind all the other goalie projects

Alabama Huntsville.....or some such hockey mecca.

Remember, that is where Talbot came from.

I'm beginning to think that Benny Alair could take sawdust and some gaffers tape and turn it into a pretty good goal keep.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Alabama Huntsville.....or some such hockey mecca.

Remember, that is where Talbot came from.

I'm beginning to think that Benny Alair could take sawdust and some gaffers tape and turn it into a pretty good goal keep.

Remember when we got Lafleur or something like that in the 2nd round because Alaire could make him good? This isn't the 2nd round, but no Alaire is not a miracle worker.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Remember when we got Lafleur or something like that in the 2nd round because Alaire could make him good? This isn't the 2nd round, but no Alaire is not a miracle worker.

....OK.

From the countless comments I've read from people all over the hockey world, Benny Alair is easily one of the most respected goalie coaches.

It's a pretty established fact.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Really loading up on the goalie prospects the last 3 drafts.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
USHL was good experience for him and even after his horrible numbers.

But on WJC U18 he was the man for Slovak team. Also in 2nd Slovak senior league he had good games.
So imo, he could be ussefull goalie in future. But i dont say direkt,he will make it to NHL.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Like I said in the prospect thread, Huska was drafted by Sochi in the 2014 KHL Entry Draft and it just looks like they're trading his rights to Lokomotiv.

Nothing was said about him potentially going to the KHL.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Like I said in the prospect thread, Huska was drafted by Sochi in the 2014 KHL Entry Draft and it just looks like they're trading his rights to Lokomotiv.

Nothing was said about him potentially going to the KHL.
Interesting to be on the opposite end where our prospect’s rights are being traded by foreign teams despite the odds of said prospect going anywhere being minimal.

Like WTH KHL you stay away from my valuable prospe...oh just his rights....carry on then

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Interesting to be on the opposite end where our prospect’s rights are being traded by foreign teams despite the odds of said prospect going anywhere being minimal.
The KHL draft is funny to follow, too. Like in 2013, KHL teams drafted these players: Jack Eichel, Kasperi Kapanen, Jakub Vrana, David Pastrnak, Mikko Rantanen, William Nylander, Nik Ehlers, Dylan Larkin, Brayden Point, Aaron Ekblad, etc., etc. Most of the top talent in Russia comes up through youth systems (much like most every sport everywhere else in the world), so these drafts, you're basically picking the best of what has not already been claimed and developed by someone else. It was like back when Mikhail Pashnin was the #1 pick in the draft, and some people were excited by that; it was a feather in his cap to be sure, but it was meaningless as it basically just said he was the best of a bunch of guys that aren't good or will never even step foot on KHL ice.

Reactions: McRanger and romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The KHL draft is funny to follow, too. Like in 2013, KHL teams drafted these players: Jack Eichel, Kasperi Kapanen, Jakub Vrana, David Pastrnak, Mikko Rantanen, William Nylander, Nik Ehlers, Dylan Larkin, Brayden Point, Aaron Ekblad, etc., etc. Most of the top talent in Russia comes up through youth systems (much like most every sport everywhere else in the world), so these drafts, you're basically picking the best of what has not already been claimed and developed by someone else. It was like back when Mikhail Pashnin was the #1 pick in the draft, and some people were excited by that; it was a feather in his cap to be sure, but it was meaningless as it basically just said he was the best of a bunch of guys that aren't good or will never even step foot on KHL ice.
Thanks for that info, cool to know. I wondered how drafts worked over seas. Makes sense that talent discovered by the team gets claimed ala Montreal hogging all the talent back in the day... or was that simply location based and not finders keepers? In any case the KHL draft is kind of a waiver wire draft lol, aka pretty anti-climactic.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would it be a bad thing? He's at an age where he could probably start for a bad KHL team.

KHL is way better than NCAA. Huska gets shelled every game for UConn because they suck, so its not like he plays in such a great team where he could win an NCAA title. Huska isn't going to stay in Russia, if he becomes good enough to play for the Rangers. He's not one of these Russian players who has never played in NA. He spends most of his off-season in the USA anyway. And I don't see much of a chance that he'd be playing for the NHL team for another 2-3 seasons, at the earliest. If he signed a 3-4 year deal with Sochi, I think that would be good, as long as he got to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->