2015 NHL Draft: Minnesota Wild draft review

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
joel_eriksson_ek_minnesota_062615.jpg
Photo: Joel Eriksson Ek, selected 20th overall at the 2015 NHL draft, becomes the Wild’s top center prospect (courtesy of Jeff Vinnick/NHLI via Getty Images)

</p> Coming into the 2015 NHL Draft the Minnesota Wild‘s prospect pool was one of the league’s weakest thanks to a combination of graduations, misses at the 2011 NHL draft, bewildering picks in other recent draft classes, valuable picks (especially the 2013 first-rounder) sent away for established players, and lack of late-round successes lately. The team needs to win more than one playoff round to justify such costly gambles, but it seemed to readjust its prospect development strategy for this draft.… read more

The post 2015 NHL Draft: Minnesota Wild draft review appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
That picture kinda makes him look like a zombie Don Knotts.

Overall I'm happy with the draft. I'm interested to see how our Russian pans out. If we can get him over here and if he turns out to be as good as a first rounder, GMCF will have pulled off a minor coup.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Liked the Eriksson Ek pick, disappointed in the Greenway pick, intrigued by the Russian and Sadek in the 7th round.

Let's hope greenway can be the best 2nd since zuck. Only time will tell. Have some faith.

I love that all our picks have some potential, no dumb picks like Gabriel or bulmer too early in the draft

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
That picture kinda makes him look like a zombie Don Knotts.

Overall I'm happy with the draft. I'm interested to see how our Russian pans out. If we can get him over here and if he turns out to be as good as a first rounder, GMCF will have pulled off a minor coup.

The kid looks like Kopitar from the Kings. Let's hope he plays like him too!

I thought he looked like a combination of the two, lol. Great minds..

Anyhow, I am excited to see how his wrist shot develops from here. All the reports say he already has a laser. Will be a nice change to (hopefully) have a center who is a scoring threat from >4 feet away from the goal.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm still bummed we didn't go after White or Bracco while they were available, but, I'm reserving judgment until I see Eriksson Ek and Greenway play more.

I like a lot of the mid-round picks though and hopefully we get some more mid-round steals.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Let's hope greenway can be the best 2nd since zuck. Only time will tell. Have some faith.

I love that all our picks have some potential, no dumb picks like Gabriel or bulmer too early in the draft

I do. I think I said before, it's not Greenway specifically that I was disappointed in, just the type of player (big, toolsy, raw) rather than a pure skill guy that scored 50! more points at the same age, same level of competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad