2015 NHL Draft- Defensemen

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Oilersfan21, Sep 30, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Oilersfan21

Oilersfan21 Registered User

Who are some of the 2015 NHL draft eligible defensemen that have the potential to be first round picks?

2. Mathletic

Mathletic Registered User

Jérémy Roy and Loïk Léveillé from the Q for sure. Especially Roy. Kid's got elite potential. Already playing big minutes for a poor team in Sherbrooke. Already has 3G and 2 A in 7 games. Has some work to do defensively but definately not a big issue. He's a good defender already. Terrific skater, great vision.

Léveillé came into the league as a very good prospect. Played well in his rookie season and is off to a great start for 2013-2014. Will be a late 96 for the 2015 draft.

I really like Nicolas Meloche for Baie-Comeau as well. 6'2 194 already, physical and steady defensively. Already has 1 goal and 4 assists this season. Should be a big riser along the way.

There's a lot more D coming from the Q. I don't know if they can be considered 1st round prospects yet but guys like Carrier, Bell, Brisebois, Thompson, Chabot, Henley are all off to good starts and are considered very good prospects. There's always Luc Deschênes. He was considered a very good prospect at 14, didn't develop his defensive game all that much. Has played sheltered minutes in Victoriaville, scratched for a few games. Good offensive potential but was lost defensively in the game I saw him.

edit: Forgot to mention this but Noah Hanifin is considered as an excellent prospect already. Lots of people saying he's the best US d-man ever at 15 (including Seth Jones). Already off to a great start with the USA NTDP.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  3. gretskidoo

gretskidoo Registered User

Rasmus Andersson is pretty good.

4. hockey4life13

hockey4life13 Registered User

Deschenes was not scratched a couple games , he had upper body injury. With 7 D as a 16 year old he is seeing normal shifts for first year.

5. spfan

spfan Registered User

Ryan Pilon is the #1 d-man for 2015 in my opinion.

6. JFA87-66-99

JFA87-66-99 Registered User

Rasmus Anderson, Ryan Pilon, Noah Hanifin, Zach Werenski, Matthew Spencer, Jeremie Roy, Oliver Kylington, Erik Cernak, Luc Deschenes, & Dmitri Osipov are some of the names I know off the top of my head.

Also off topic but 2016 seems to have some good defensive prospects as well in Chad Krys, Sean Day, Jakob Chychrun, Kale Clague, Victor Mete, Michael Campoli, Josh Anderson, Luke Green, David Quennville, Dante Fabbro, Jacob Moverare, Nicolas McKeeby, Adam Fox, Cole Candella, Griffin Luce, Ryan Lindgren

7. hockey4life13

Just curious which game you saw that he was lost defensively , based on coaches comments after each game he has been very satisfied with Deschenes play.

8. Mathletic

Saw him against Val d'Or. Didn't play much. I was looking for him and when I saw him he looked a bit lost defensively. That said, only a game, perhaps he played better in other games.

Ok thanks, thought he was scratched as in the game I saw him Victo had 8 d-men in the lineup and couldn't find any link about him being injured.

9. MXD

MXD Original #4

Dead
    Came here to name drop Alexandre Carrier, possibly the calmest 16 YO D-Men I ever witnessed (and an associate capitain as well).

Now, if only he could grow a little...

10. hockey4life13

There are 8 D on roster , Diaby out till X-mas , dressing 7 , he missed both games last weekend due to injury . They are dressing 7 a game and yes as a rookie he is just seeing limited min. Hasn't been a game yet with 8 D men on active roster.

11. Mathletic

That's the game I watched,

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/schedule/show/game/64700

I saw 8 D listed, maybe some only play forward or were sent down. I'm not familiar with everyone of them.

12. hab 4ever

hab 4ever Registered User

Home Page:
    Hanifin is the best 2015 NHL draft eligible D at this point.

As for the Q, could be a banner D year. Roy, Carrier, Meloche, Brisebois, Léveillé, Bell and Picco all have top-2 rounds potential. Chabot and Thompson are both intriguing. The Val d'Or pair (Henley and Galipeau) have good size and defensive awareness, etc. Just

13. hockey4life13

yeah Tremiane , waivers from Moncton a forward , listed a D is incorrect.

14. SBrisScout

SBrisScout Registered User

Student
    Kevin Davis of the Everett Silvertips is 2015 draft eligible. I have him going in the mid rounds of the draft, but he could definitely slide up. Isn't done growing, his father and brothers are all 6'2 area. Very calm, won't beat you physically, but with sound positioning and stick work. Good puck mover.

15. luby3131

luby3131 Registered User

Should be a big year for defenseman. Noah Hanafin, Zach Werneski, Ryan Pilon, and Rasmus Andersson are all top 15 players in this class at the moment, with Matthew Spencer and Jeremy Roy both impressing early in their careers. I've got my eye on Dmitri Osipov out in the Dub, he's coming in with some hype. Don't know much about Oliver Kylington or Erik Cernak, but both their names constantly come up as first round talents. Luc Deschenes has been a name I've been watching since scoutman1 mentioned him a few years ago, so we'll see how he develops in Victoriaville.

Two names nobody has mentioned: Troy Henley from Ottawa and Keoni Texiera from Portland.

2015 is shaping up to be a terrific draft

16. VictorLustig

VictorLustig Registered User

Kylington is better than Rasmus Andersson. Jonathan Léman is also a pretty good D.

17. usascout1

usascout1 Registered User

97 Casey Fitzgerald should also be considered. He is more consistant than Werzenski and on the same level with Hanifin.

18. bottomofthefoodchain

bottomofthefoodchain Registered User

When Kylington proves he's better than Andersson we can talk.

19. VictorLustig

The difference between them in terms of skating is just too big to ignore. Both are good players but I think Kylington has more tools, he hasn't accomplished as much as Andersson though.

20. Trafalgar McLaw

Trafalgar McLaw Waive Peter Chiarelli

Connor McDavid will be the best defenceman of the 2015 draft, best goalie as well.

21. fail

22. Minnesota

Minnesota L'Etoile du Nord

Words & Ideas.
    I chuckled.

23. VictorLustig

Pfft, McDavid is regressing, just look at his pace this year:sarcasm:

24. qc2nf

qc2nf Registered User

The U17 tournament in Sydney in January should be a strong measurement of who the top players(defense) are. At least from Canada, not sure if there are any US teams in the tournament.

25. Patmac40

Patmac40 BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

There will be a US team there. Should be good to see guys like Hanifin and Werenski