Height: 6'4
Weight: 198
Position: Goalie
Catches: Left
Hometown: Calgary

GettyImages-459393596.0.jpg

[NHL]831159&catid=1411[/NHL]

Ranked #154 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #4 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Goalies) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=62230#sthash.5mJuG4wn.dpuf

"Adin Hill is a pretty intriguing goaltending prospect. He's big, he's athletic, and he's a competitor. Hill had a tremendous rookie season with the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL, posting a 2.81 goals against average, a .921 save-percentage, and two shutouts among his 31 wins. While some will say that Hill's stats and success are a byproduct of the team playing in front of him, one thing you can't argue is his maturity and mental toughness."

"Playing on a powerhouse team like the Portland Winterhawks means that Hill might not always be challenged as much as goalies on other teams, but this season he's been head and shoulders above any other goalie that's dressed for his squad. Great natural size at 6'4″ yet still able to move around the crease well."

"Hill is able to fight through traffic to locate pucks, keeps rebounds close to him and remains poised when opponents fire a ton of shots in a short amount of time. His athleticism also is better than a lot of the goaltenders in this class. Hill led all WHL goaltenders in save percentage during the regular season."

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/6/13/8774383/adin-hill-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

Last edited:

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I know it's a way too early to tell overreaction but damn I liked yesterday's picks waaaaay more than today's. Three picks three reaches so far. Trust the scouts I guess.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Not sure if we had Vladar higher, but given we like big goalies, this pick wasn't a shock. Goalies are such a crapshoot...hard to be too critical or happy. Given the goalie run, he's probably not there with our next pick.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Was my top ranked WHL goalie this season:http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2015/05/final-whl-rankings-2015-nhl-draft.html

#33 Adin Hill*

Team: Portland Winterhawks
Position: G
Catches: L
Height: 6’3.5
Weight: 198
Record: 31-11-1-0
GAA: 2.81
Save %: .921
Shutouts: 2

Player Analysis: Adin Hill is a towering and long rookie goaltender for the Portland Winterhawks…is my highest rated WHL goaltender for the 2015 NHL Draft…burst onto the scene this year, playing well and taking over the Winterhawks crease during their tumultuous start to the season despite being a rookie…is absolutely massive…is both tall and wide…has a huge chest protector which makes him look almost like a lacrosse goalie…is not the most refined mover in the crease but has good speed in his side to side mobility…is quite athletic for a goaltender with his frame…has extremely long legs which gives him that extra inch here and there when sprawling out to make stops…he takes away the bottom of the net very well thanks to those long legs…spends a lot of time on his knees while the puck is located from the top of the circles-down…would definitely consider him to be more of a “blocker” than some of the other WHL goalies in this draft class…is not super consistent in his stance…have seen him be very crouched with a slight lean forward…have also seen him play tall and upright not unlike the previously mentioned lacrosse goaltender…while he takes away the lower part of the net well, he’s a bit more prone to get beat high based on my viewings…seems to track the puck well and has the size to see over and around screens…battles in the crease…

is a true 1996-born player, eligible for his second NHL draft in 2015…finished the regular season with the best save percentage of any WHL goalie at .921…was tied for 5th in regular season wins in the WHL…finished 9th in the WHL in regular season goals against average…was never drafted into the WHL but was rather listed by the Portland Winterhawks…overall I have Hill rated as my top-ranked WHL goalie for the 2015 NHL Draft, slightly ahead of Nick McBride…his towering size, length and mobility make for an intriguing prospect despite the need for plenty of refining and tightening within his skillset…while I’m not sure I see a potential NHL starting goaltender in him, his strong performance this year is too good to go unrewarded…he would be a player that I wouldn’t hesitate to select starting in about the 6th round of the 2015 NHL Draft and feel he will come off the board somewhere in that range as well…

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Hopefully he continues his late-bloomer development curve - past over in last year's draft but certainly put up solid numbers this past season.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
No talk in three, almost four years.

Now the NHL’s second star of the week, having stopped 59 of 60 shots and going 3-0-0 while starting two games. I watched a portion of the Coyotes game against Nashville to see how Schmaltz was doing with his new squad and I was really impressed by how Hill played against one of the best teams in the NHL. He doesn’t have the Coyotes of old in front of him but he still faced a good number of high quality chances and a few flurries of shots, and coolly stood tall in front of them all.

He’s only 22.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig Morgan noted Hill put on about 20-25 pounds this season and went from a gangly 200+ lbs. to around 225 and looked “ripped”.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Nice to see Hill get some recognition league-wide. From Friedman's 31 thoughts.
24. What a story developing in Arizona, with 22-year-old Adin Hill. He came off the bench to beat Minnesota last Tuesday, then followed with victories over Nashville (his first career shutout, on the road), St. Louis and Los Angeles. Hill is listed as six-foot-six, but was a foot shorter in his WHL draft year. The Coyotes took a shot with the 76th pick in 2015, after he’d grown a bit. But he’d played one full season at Portland by then. Good gamble. The word is he’s a confident kid, not fazed by the pressure. That’s definitely true, as he holds the fort with Darcy Kuemper and Antti Raanta in sick bay.

Reactions: Steeler23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->