NFL: 2015 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm sure part of Peytons drop off has been the plantar fasciitis, Eli had a similarly awful year playing through that injury,

at the same time, he's pretty old and he seems to be having problems getting to the playoffs healthy the past few years.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
From What The Faulk's favourite reporter (Rapoport):

A coaching change hasn't improved the situation for Eagles running back DeMarco Murray. Even with Chip Kelly being sent packing and the hire of Doug Pederson, the former NFL rushing leader and his team are not in a good place.

In fact, Eagles and Murray appear headed toward a stare-down regarding his future with the organization, according to several sources informed of the situation. The division boils down to: Murray's unsuccessful 2015 campaign during which he rushed for only 702 yards, the Eagles' lack of conviction that he's the right back and the massive contract Murray signed last offseason.

There are very real questions of, can Murray play and succeed in Philly in 2016? And moving forward, is a sudden turnaround feasible? There are doubts.

Murray hasn't asked to be released or traded, and the Eagles seem -- at this point -- intent on not cutting him. But the longer this situation goes without a resolution toward the belief that it can work, the greater chance it could explode.

It's fair to say Murray has eyes on greener pastures, places where he believes he can be successful and earn the large contract he signed. If he was released, teams like the Seahawks, Cowboys and Raiders (who were interested last offseason) would be interested again. He's currently building a house in Dallas.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000632288/article/demarco-murray-eagles-appear-headed-toward-staredown

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Would Dallas actually be interested though? They basically proved they can throw literally anybody behind that line and have them produce, even a busted up McFadden.

I imagine they would be since he likely comes back cheap. I can't see Seattle taking him on when they got Rawls, though Oakland makes sense.

Edit: If Dallas is looking to shore up the running game, Lamar Miller would be the guy they should target imo. He would utterly feast behind a line that good. Then you add his ability to catch out of the backfield. Almost 5+ ypc behind a garbage ass o-line in Miami on limited carries.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Murray hasn't asked to be released or traded, and the Eagles seem -- at this point -- intent on not cutting him. But the longer this situation goes without a resolution toward the belief that it can work, the greater chance it could explode.

This is such an Eklund catch-all hedge. Nothing could happen...or something could. I don't doubt Murray has some lingering frustration, but I've read that coaches can't even have contact with players (whose seasons have ended) until the new league year starts, so Murray probably doesn't really know what his future role might be like. It's all a game of telephone right now, at best.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm sure part of Peytons drop off has been the plantar fasciitis, Eli had a similarly awful year playing through that injury,

at the same time, he's pretty old and he seems to be having problems getting to the playoffs healthy the past few years.

Peyton hasnt been too good since mid season 2014.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
View attachment 87569

happydance.gif

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Gronkowski was giving that hot Fox Sports reporter a Magic Mike lapdance yesterday and she asked for it. Good for him. He was probably tappin that last night. But is Gronkowski liked outside of NE? Dude looks like a douchebro.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Gronk is beloved pretty much everywhere, no? One of the few Patriots to earn that distinction.

He's like that one blockheaded jock friend everyone had in high school. Sure, he's a jock by definition but he generally gets along with everybody and isn't a total ****.

He's like the anti-Manziel. Parties his ass off, but is still generally seen as a good, if not a bit dull witted (as evidenced by his "sue flay" tweet when his mom cooked dinner a few months back) person.

I'll tell ya, he may not have many brain cells, but the few he was gifted with seemed to have worked out for him. :laugh:

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Gronk is beloved pretty much everywhere, no? One of the few Patriots to earn that distinction.

He's like that one blockheaded jock friend everyone had in high school. Sure, he's a jock by definition but he generally gets along with everybody and isn't a total ****.

He's like the anti-Manziel. Parties his ass off, but is still generally seen as a good, if not a bit dull witted (as evidenced by his "sue flay" tweet when his mom cooked dinner a few months back) person.

I'll tell ya, he may not have many brain cells, but the few he was gifted with seemed to have worked out for him. :laugh:

Give him a few more years to dominate and win some more and I'm sure he will start to become disliked.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Lol the accuracy :laugh: totally agree. He seems like a real nice guy, one who just enjoys life and literally lives in the moment. Dude already has an autobiography.

Even better he's claimed to have lived solely off his endorsement income so he isnt another idiot star player who spends every dollar he has.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Gronk is cool. Like people have said, a total jock, but doesn't seem like one of those jocks that would stuff nerds into lockers and trash cans. Just likes to have a good time.

He's been genuinely pleasant in every interview I've seen him in and doesn't get in trouble for cheating or with the law. That's literally all you have to do as a professional athlete.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He would be a great corner 10 years ago, too bad the league decided to have every game finishing 100-93.

that's what happens when one of the main guys responsible for the rules has a team with Manning, Clark, Wayne, Harrison, and Stokley

remember that next time you hear Bill Polian talk about #integrity and the shield on ESPN. Hilarious really.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
He would be a great corner 10 years ago, too bad the league decided to have every game finishing 100-93.

I fully believe Browner was targeted by officials all year long. They were making an example of him every week. There were plenty of plays he barely brushed a hand against a WR and got called for holding anyway. And suffice it to say, the Saints don't get the benefit of the doubt from officials like some of Browner's previous teams, especially on defense.

Having said that, the dude still can't cover and has no business playing corner on an NFL field, and if they had not had injuries to 3 of their top 4 corners throughout of the season he should've been on the bench.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
that's what happens when one of the main guys responsible for the rules has a team with Manning, Clark, Wayne, Harrison, and Stokley

remember that next time you hear Bill Polian talk about #integrity and the shield on ESPN. Hilarious really.

It truly is.

Say Hey Kid

No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Luke Kuechly seems to be following in the footsteps of Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher as an elite NFL linebacker. Kuechly notched more picks and earned more first team All-Pro selections in his first four seasons than either Lewis or Urlacher.

billsoilers

May 20, 2011
Rio Grande do Sul
It truly is.

Yes

The Patriots are the team i hate the most by far in this league(due to how well they always play against the Bills), but if the Colts were so mad at the way the Patriots corners played in that AFCCG, why they just didn't get bigger receivers instead of crying like babies... And then with the new rules, they played again in the playoffs and the Colts scored only 3 points. Maybe the problem wasn't defensive holding.

But...
Long life for the 40 yards and a cloud of dust:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad