2015 Memorial Cup: May 21-31 in Quebec City, QC

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Oshawa, Kelowna meet in Memorial Cup final
By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Deputy Managing Editor

After 10 months and more than 90 games, the Oshawa Generals and Kelowna Rockets will play the final game of the Canadian Hockey League season on Sunday in the championship game of the 2015 Memorial Cup in Quebec City (7 p.m. ET; NHLN-US).

Kelowna, the champions of the Western Hockey League, advanced to the championship game by defeating the host Quebec Remparts 9-3 on Friday.

"We're going in to play a team that's great defensively, so to have that outburst is good," Kelowna captain Madison Bowey (Washington Capitals) said Friday, according to Canadian Press. "We're not going to get the chances we had tonight against Oshawa. It's going to be a two-way, hard-nosed game and whoever works harder and wants it more will win."

The Generals had the stingiest defense in a decade to win the Ontario Hockey League title; they allowed 157 goals in 68 regular-season games, the fewest in the OHL since 2004-05. They have allowed eight goals in three wins to advance to the finals.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Cole Cassels is a player every team dreams of nabbing in the 3rd round. I hope Connor Hurley pans out in 6 years when he's finally in the NHL.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Cole Cassels is a player every team dreams of nabbing in the 3rd round. I hope Connor Hurley pans out in 6 years when he's finally in the NHL.

Hurley was a high 2nd rounder though? There were better prospects than Cassels we could've nabbed there instead of Hurley if you want to go that route.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hurley was a high 2nd rounder though? There were better prospects than Cassels we could've nabbed there instead of Hurley if you want to go that route.
Yeah 47 picks in between and I honestly would take about 30 of them over Hurley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad