Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskkkk

Dec 1, 2012
Pateryn. He's signed 1-way, and proved he can play a reliable physical game in the NHL.

Edit: add Addisson

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Went off the board a little bit with this pick and chose Gregoire. If he makes the NHL I think he'll be a difference maker. Definitely more than likely a 3rd liner but a solid one none the less.

Pateryn. He's signed 1-way, and proved he can play a reliable physical game in the NHL.

Edit: add Addisson

Agreed. It was between him and Gregoire for me. I think Pateryn has some untapped potential too mind you, but see him being a solid #5-6 in his prime. Both will be difference makers at their positions I think and will be quality players for the roles that they play.

If we're really lucky and Pateryn continues developing into a #4, doubt it but the potential is there, Emelin will be expendable. Even then if he becomes a solid #5 and another guy like Beaulieu and/or Tinordi continues to develop, one of Gilbert or Emelin will become expendable. BargainBin might just be riding out Gilbert's contract biding time to see who emerges as a reliable d-man.

I think Beaulieu still has a lot to prove, and I'm still not counting Tinordi out either.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Pateryn. He's already playing in the NHL, that would make him rather high in the list but his skills are limited.

Add Hayden Hawkey

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Voted Pateryn, but I agree that he shouldn't be up there. He's on a one way contract for the next 3 seasons at this point.

Again, add Evans. True freshmen who put up around a half a point per game are pretty rare.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Yeah Pateryn is 25 years old and on a 1 way contract for the next 3 years. I don't think he should be there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah Pateryn is 25 years old and on a 1 way contract for the next 3 years. I don't think he should be there.

Again.. it was due to HF criteria..

Pateryn may not make the team, get sent through waivers, go unclaimed and play in Hamilton. Who knows?

It's his last season on the list, regardless.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Again.. it was due to HF criteria..

Pateryn may not make the team, get sent through waivers, go unclaimed and play in Hamilton. Who knows?

It's his last season on the list, regardless.

Oh, I thought that prospect were under 25 years old by Hf criteria..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And as a true freshman to boot. MM played another year in the BCHL after he was drafted IIRC

he was a true Freshman, Notre Dame had injuries up front so he got some time on the 2nd line but was mostly on the 3rd line. Got to see him several times, good speed but skinny and easily pushed off the puck. Showed some good hands and I know the coaching staff wanted him to work on being more consistent (would have to go back and check the prospect thread for the exact quote, I know I posted it) should be interesting to see how he does next year.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Ghetto

Really looking forward to seeing what Ghetto, Reway, Lehkonen, and Audette look like at 25. I just hope 1 of them is a top six forward. Lehkonen may be a good two way 3rd liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad