Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #19

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2015 voting

1. Nikita Scherbak, RW, Everett Silvertips (75% of the vote).
2. Mike McCarron, RW/C, Oshawa Generals (72.39%).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C, Montreal Canadiens (35.77%).
4. Charles Hudon, C/LW, Hamilton Bulldogs (43.06%)
5. Noah Juulsen, D, Everett Silvertips. (53.42%)
6. Jarred Tinordi, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (62.50%)
7. Sven Andrighetto, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs (29.37%)
8. Zachary Fucale, G, Quebec Remparts. (41.94%)
9. Martin Reway, LW, HC Sparta Praha (41.78%)
10. Artturi Lehkonen, LW, Frolunda (34.01%)
11. Lukas Vejdemo, C, Djurgardens (34.53%)
12. Jeremy Gregoire, C, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (32.46%)
13. Brett Lernout, D, Swift Current Broncos. (56.76%)
14. Daniel Carr, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs. (39.80%)
15. Mike Condon, G, Hamilton Bulldogs. (36.84%)
16. Magnus Nygren, D, Farjestads. (30.16%)
17. Darren Dietz, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (53.57%)
18. Tim Bozon, LW, Kootenay Ice. (38.38%)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Thomas I guess, I don't want him ever playing for the Habs but he has shown he can be an awful NHL player, which is more than most of this list.

Dagenais Bar Down*

Wow! I've read a few good things about Carr, what is the scoop on why he is so low?

EDIT: Well when I take another look at the list it isn't that surprising actually lol

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
at this stage there's a number of guys to consider but not much separate them. Thomas, Audette, Bennett, MacMillan, Evans, the newer guys Bourque, Bradley and Addison as well. I don't know the new guys but the others I listed are all undersized but each brings something of value. Thomas if he can ever figure out how to translate that shot into goals at the NHL level, Audette I wasn't too impressed when I saw him and he appears to have been very inconsistent this year but still is clearly skilled. Bennett I've been a big fan of but had hoped he would show more in Hamilton then he did. MacMillan can do most things well but is easily pushed off the puck. Evans had a decent year as a true Freshman so how he progress is going to be interesting.

Guys that have been had major injuries will drop, it's too be expected, but still will be interesting to see how they do next year in Crisp, Thrower, Hawkey and Sullivan.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What justifies the already huge gap between Thomas and Dumont ?!?! Other than bloodlines that is.

Oh well, whoever is closer to Thomas between Audette, MacMillan, Bourque, Bennett, Addison, Dumont and Thrower will get my support here.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Wow! I've read a few good things about Carr, what is the scoop on why he is so low?

EDIT: Well when I take another look at the list it isn't that surprising actually lol

Carr is 23 already (will be 24 in november) and he has never been drafted. At this age he is close to not be a prospect anymore.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I voted Nattinen. I actually think he'll come back in a year or two and become a good 3rd/4th line center. Probably not for us though. He was better in the AHL than Thomas was/is. Probably would have gotten 20 games if his dad were an NHLer.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Audette. He has more offensive upside than Thomas.

Don't know why all those drooling over Thomas during the preseason have so much hate for Thomas after his 18 stint. And during those 18 games, the team played very well. I like our bottom six featuring hungry speedsters like Thomas, Sekac, Andrighetto, and Bournival much better than I like it with plugs like DSP.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Don't know why all those drooling over Thomas during the preseason have so much hate for Thomas after his 18 stint. And during those 18 games, the team played very well. I like our bottom six featuring hungry speedsters like Thomas, Sekac, Andrighetto, and Bournival much better than I like it with plugs like DSP.

It's not only the 18 games of mediocreness in Montreal, it's also the 50-something games of mediocreness in Hamilton where he was outplayed by players he should have outplayed, considering age, experience (Hudon, Andrighetto, Carr) and/or peceived skill (Dumont).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I voted Nattinen. I actually think he'll come back in a year or two and become a good 3rd/4th line center. Probably not for us though. He was better in the AHL than Thomas was/is. Probably would have gotten 20 games if his dad were an NHLer.

I doubt we'll see Nattinen come back but I guess you never know. I don't agree that he was better then Thomas in the AHL either. Thomas produced at a .46 ppg, Nattinen at .29 Granted he worked harder and was better in his own end.

I don't see Audette as having more offensive upside then Thomas. In his draft year and the following year, Thomas put up 95 goals in 130 games. In 182 games in the Q, Audette has scored 60 goals, Thomas did almost that in one year (54).

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Voted Thomas

To be expected when you get down to the late teens in your prospect pool, but man, that's slim pickings there in that list.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Nattinen still has the best goal anyone in our organization has scored in the past decade though lol. I used to have high hopes for him, I doubt he ever plays another game for us though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad