2015 draft redo

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Way too early. It would be a complete guessing game, just like the post-draft grades. Many of the draft picks, especially the role players, don't even get enough snaps as rookies to properly judge them. Two top 10 picks also missed the entire season with injuries so we haven't seen them at all.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its early of course but as a Bear fans the White pick has me worried

Already wonder if he will be injury prone and he has lost a year of development missing season

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Shaq Thompson had a very good year despite only playing like 100 snaps. Every time he was in the game it felt like he was making a play. I'm excited to see how he'll progress next year, but it's still early.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Shaq Thompson had a very good year despite only playing like 100 snaps. Every time he was in the game it felt like he was making a play. I'm excited to see how he'll progress next year, but it's still early.

the fact that he is also learning from Kuechly/Davis should be huge.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Man it hasnt even been a year.

Uh, yeah it's had....

Th goal was to see to see who played great and who didn't in their rookie season , especially the 1st round selections. Players like Williams, Dupree, Beasley, Shelton Peat, etc. Players most of us casual fans don't watch enough to analyze properly.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Uh, yeah it's had....

Th goal was to see to see who played great and who didn't in their rookie season , especially the 1st round selections. Players like Williams, Dupree, Beasley, Shelton Peat, etc. Players most of us casual fans don't watch enough to analyze properly.

Draft was May 2015.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

So did Arik Armstead. His advanced numbers were incredibly good as a pass rusher especially in a 3-4. He showed much more foot quickness than I anticipated to go along with his strength and power.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
lockett was obviously really good for the seahawks. packers young DBs did well enough that they might be willing to let hayward walk. collins for the giants showed nice flashes at times. dorsett showed flashes too but was injured and overall disappointed as better receivers went after him. abdullah had up and down season but i think he will be solid RB. mauldin looked nice but maybe it was just highlighted due to jets terrible LB corpse. crowder played well for the skin for a 4th round pick, same with langford for the bears though not nearly as high on him as some bears fans. really liked amos, looked like a starting caliber safety. not bad for a 5th rounder.

that's for the teams i watched a lot.

So did Arik Armstead. His advanced numbers were incredibly good as a pass rusher especially in a 3-4. He showed much more foot quickness than I anticipated to go along with his strength and power.

i didn't notice him much when i watched the 49ers but i guess he didn't play much? another young 49er dlineman did stood out for me (williams). also liked what i saw from tartt.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
lockett was obviously really good for the seahawks. packers young DBs did well enough that they might be willing to let hayward walk. collins for the giants showed nice flashes at times. dorsett showed flashes too but was injured and overall disappointed as better receivers went after him. abdullah had up and down season but i think he will be solid RB. mauldin looked nice but maybe it was just highlighted due to jets terrible LB corpse. crowder played well for the skin for a 4th round pick, same with langford for the bears though not nearly as high on him as some bears fans. really liked amos, looked like a starting caliber safety. not bad for a 5th rounder.

that's for the teams i watched a lot.

i didn't notice him much when i watched the 49ers but i guess he didn't play much? another young 49er dlineman did stood out for me (williams). also liked what i saw from tartt.

Armstead played more down the stretch but didn't play much early. vIan Williams is an excellent NT and is a UFA this year. Tartt is a beast. Needs to clean up his tackling but the arrow is up big time.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
didn't even notice williams is UFA. are 49ers going to let him walk?

someone is going to get nice run stopper there, not a bad consolation price if team misses on snacks.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think they will. He's been solid and effective when healthy. Hes also a decent pass rusher from the Nose.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
You can tell way more about an NFL player right away than almost any other sport, but yeah, still too early, especially considering some of the injuries.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Anyone that followed his career at UF knew he was going to bust. I was surprised how much hype he was getting before the draft in the media and on here.

I admit I bought in. His physical traits are very good. Too bad he's not committed. His teammate Trenton Brown played more games fpr the 49ers and actually has some upside.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Uh, yeah it's had....

For the Vikings....

Trae Waynes (1st round): It was almost like a red shirt season for him. He had a lot to learn so he mostly only played on special teams. He did play a bit more towards the end of the season actually looked solid. There was a pretty significant difference between him in preseason and then when he played late. So he was a non-factor in his first season, which you probably don't want to see from a high 1st round pick, but I think they know what they're doing with him.

The guys who really stood out.....

Eric Kendricks (2nd round): Loved what I saw from him. Needs some work in coverage but looked like a veteran out there in a few of the games. I think he's going to be a stud.

Danielle Hunter (3rd round): He was the youngest player in the NFL and seen as very raw when drafted but he appears to be going from project to player a lot earlier than anyone expected. Had 6 sacks last season, which was second among rookies.

Stefon Diggs (5th round): He looked really good once he got his shot. Might not be saying much because of the depth chart but he was easily the Vikings #1 WR as a rookie. I was very surprised by how good is routes are already and he's explosive after the catch.

Again, it's very early but if these guys keep progressing and building on their rookie seasons, this could be one of the best drafts the Vikings have had. Hunter and Diggs could be big steals based on where they were drafted.

Cordarrelle Patterson also looked like a stud in his rookie season and then completely fell off afterwards so I'm not going to get too excited until I see what happens next year.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Armstead played more down the stretch but didn't play much early. vIan Williams is an excellent NT and is a UFA this year. Tartt is a beast. Needs to clean up his tackling but the arrow is up big time.

If Myles Jack was to fall to n.7, SF would be idiots to pass him up. I didn't know the D line was that good for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad