2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#8on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Good morning HFers. Hope everyone has some fun plans this weekend. This is where the draft will get interesting and I'm sure this is probably where we start seeing some debate among actual teams come draft day as well. So put on your scouting/GM hats, brew some coffee and share your opinions...

Just a quick reminder to Bruins fans what this thread and it's origin are all about:

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skillsets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current Bruins 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- Ivan Provorov - D - Brandon - WHL
7.- Mathew Barzal - C - Seattle - WHL
8.-.....

Pick #8 on the clock until 5pm Saturday, May 23rd.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#7 - Mathew Barzal
Center - Shoots Right
Born: May 26th 1997
Height - 6'0 (183cm) Weight - 181 (82kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #17 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #8 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #11 by Future Considerations
Ranked #10 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #11 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Elite Prospects Report on Mathew Barzal

Future Considerations: A smart, creative player with a wide, strong, fluid stride…plays a 200-foot game…makes good decisions with the puck…has decent strength, and looks bigger than listed…shows flashes of dominating offensive skills, but need to do so with more consistency…not overly physical, but will engage in contact for the puck…shows his creativity, vision and playmaking ability on the power play…finds seams and open ice with his impressive senses...really doing well in his rookie WHL season…has high-end offensive NHL upside. (August 2014)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Zacha for me, then either Rantanen or Werenski to round out my top 10.

some good players will be at 14.

I'm eager for Kirk's final rankings.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Zacha for me, then either Rantanen or Werenski to round out my top 10.

some good players will be at 14.

I'm eager for Kirk's final rankings.

Any word on when Kirk's rankings will come out?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Any word on when Kirk's rankings will come out?

I figured it would be before end of month but could be wrong. Not finding much via the Googly machine.

Did like his article on Cam Askew. Sounds like a good mid-round pick but I'm deviating from topic. Again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad