2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#6 on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Another one sided poll. I'm sure the disparity between choices will start to level out. Should get interesting. Also a quick congrats to new GM Don Sweeney!!! :handclap:

Just a quick reminder to Bruins fans what this thread and it's origin are all about:

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skillsets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current Bruins 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- ......

Pick #6 on the clock until 5pm Thursday, May 21st.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#4 - Dylan Strome
Center - Shoots Left
Born: March 7th 1997
Height - 6'3 (191cm) Weight - 187 (85kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #6 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #3 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #4 by Future Considerations
Ranked #8 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #4 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Elite Prospects Report on Dylan Strome

Future Considerations: Elite offensive forward…a big forward who moves well, and demonstrated some very good power and speed…is tough to contain as he used his speed, strength and creativity to beat defenders...has great vision with the puck and sees the ice very well…uses his crafty hands to dance around defenders and get into positions where he could shoot or set-up teammates…distributes the puck well and is able to create a lot of chances…has a lethal wrist-shot with great power and a pretty good release…uses his size and reach on the boards to win the puck and get in good supporting areas to pick up loose pucks…defensive effort goes up and down. (August 2014)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Personally, I would consider taking Provorov over both Marner and Strome. I would be reluctant to take an undersized player that projected as a winger at the next level that high, and there just seems to be something missing with Strome. He just seems too vanilla/complacent when I've seen him. Provorov is a D-man that brings a really complete skillset to the table.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Personally, I would consider taking Provorov over both Marner and Strome. I would be reluctant to take an undersized player that projected as a winger at the next level that high, and there just seems to be something missing with Strome. He just seems too vanilla/complacent when I've seen him. Provorov is a D-man that brings a really complete skillset to the table.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just love Provorov's game and see him as one of those minute eating difference makers in the mold of Doughty, Keith, OEL and dare I say it.... he who shall not be named ::cough:: PK ::cough::. :shakehead

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
I voted Barzal was very close between him and Ivan, Ivan is next for me now

Really like Barzal's game but with his injury I just haven't seen enough of him to put him ahead of Provorov. Might be a mistake on my part but the limited viewing I've seen puts him right after Provorov.

The picks are starting to get interesting. When 14 comes around I'd love to see how spread out the votes get. I'll probably have to have 15+ choices for that poll.

Zacha has got some early love these last few threads. I think he's a serious wildcard this draft that could go from 7-15 depending on how others view him.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Voted for defenseman Provorov. But I hope he somehow miraculously drops to the Bruins.

Maybe he could drop just cos he's Russian and the KHL is out there??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad