2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#18 on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
hump-day-camel_425.jpg

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skill sets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- Ivan Provorov - D - Brandon - WHL
7.- Mathew Barzal - C - Seattle - WHL
8.- Pavel Zacha - C/LW - Sarnia - OHL
9.- Zachary Werenski - D - University of Michigan - Big10
10.- Mikko Rantanen - RW - TPS - Finland
11.- Lawson Crouse - LW - Kingston - OHL
12.- Timo Meier - RW - Halifax - QMJHL
13.- Kyle Connor - C - Youngstown - USHL
14.- Travis Konecny - C/RW - Ottawa - OHL
15.- Jakub Zboril D - Saint John - QMJHL
16.- Yevgeni Svechnikov - LW - Cape Breton - QMJHL
17.- Nick Merkley - C/RW -Kelowna -WHL
18.- ......

Pick #18 on the clock until 5pm Wedneday, June 10th.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
And in a rush I forgot to check off the poll feature. :laugh:

Please just post the name of the person you pick. I'll tally them up tonight at 5p.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#17 - Nick Merkley
Center/Right Wing - Shoots Right
Born: May 23rd, 1997
Height - 5'10 (179cm) Weight - 192 (87kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #14 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #19 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #17 by Future Considerations
Ranked #15 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #23 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Elite Prospects Report on Nick Merkley

Future Considerations: An offensive forward that makes an impact in the game every time he touches the puck…improved skater this season and possess more jump in his step…not big by any stretch but shows a willingness to throw his weight around…impressive hockey sense and ability to think the game…very creative and crafty with the puck…plays a complete 200-foot game…a strong playmaker with impressive vision and touch on his passes…willing to take the puck to the net…has an effective shot that is quick off his stick. (December 2014)

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
The Bruins are not picking a 5 foot 10 forward I can guarantee you that.. the Pick will not be Merkly or Konecny... I see us taking 3 guys, Connor, Meier, Bittner unless one of the other forwards slip to us... at 37, I am thinking a Defenceman, Maybe Meloche will be there for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad