2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#10 on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Happy Memorial Day for all those who have served or continue to serve this great country we live in. :cheers:

Just a quick reminder to Bruins fans what this thread and it's origin are all about:

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skill sets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- Ivan Provorov - D - Brandon - WHL
7.- Mathew Barzal - C - Seattle - WHL
8.- Pavel Zacha - C/LW - Sarnia - OHL
9.- Zachary Werenski - D - University of Michigan - Big10
10.- .......

Pick #10 on the clock until 5pm Monday, May 25th.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
where is the list of guys? its going to start getting very interesting....are you doing this for the first round only or up to the 37th where Boston picks second or thru the second round?

thanks again....gives me something to check out as I wait for the Coaching Massacre that is coming probably end of week or at the latest early next week

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#10 - Zachary Werenski
Defense - Shoots Left
Born: July 19th 1997
Height - 6'2 (188cm) Weight - 214 (97kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #9 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #11 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #6 by Future Considerations
Ranked #7 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #9 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Elite Prospects Report on Zachary Werenski

Future Considerations: Smart and reliable two-way defenseman…shows skill at both ends of the ice...is a good skater with a smooth stride and fluid movements...handles the puck well with decent hand-skill, good strength and some elusiveness with it as he moves through the neutral zone…makes a great first pass and outlet…has good poise and vision with the puck on his stick…has a decent wrist shot, which he'll take from the point…isn't overly physical on defense and he needs to play tougher and meaner than he does…has good reach and he uses his stick well to take away lanes and force players wide and off the puck…poised on defense and recovers well. (August 2014)

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
where is the list of guys? its going to start getting very interesting....are you doing this for the first round only or up to the 37th where Boston picks second or thru the second round?

thanks again....gives me something to check out as I wait for the Coaching Massacre that is coming probably end of week or at the latest early next week

Sorry for the delay. Hard to get that whole thing done with an old laptop that's acting up, a nagging GF yelling "GET IN THE SHOWER WE HAVE TO GO!" and my own ineptitude. :laugh:

I'll be doing this through about pick #40 so we can see who will not only be available at pick 37 for the Bruins but who may also be on their list. I'll keep doing it each day until the draft so we'll see how far that gets us.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

-Sully-

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry for the delay. Hard to get that whole thing done with an old laptop that's acting up, a nagging GF yelling "GET IN THE SHOWER WE HAVE TO GO!" and my own ineptitude. :laugh:

I'll be doing this through about pick #40 so we can see who will not only be available at pick 37 for the Bruins but who may also be on their list. I'll keep doing it each day until the draft so we'll see how far that gets us.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

-Sully-

this is excellently done- thanks again, good combo of fun and information

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I went with Rantanen, but it wouldn't shock me if a team went with Crouse. People seem to be all over the place on him.

Crouse seems like he has Flyers written all over him even thought they should probably take Werenski if he is there- maybe at 7 its a reach for Philly, but maybe they get lucky and Provorov drops to 7.

I want Merkley. It will be interesting to see if he gets to 14. Boston certainly needs young D but nobody looks at 14 other than maybe Roy who is worth the spot.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I could see Flyers skipping a D and going Crouse; they've got some good young guys: R. Hagg, S. Gothisbehere, S. Morin and, my favorite from the '14 draft, Travis Sanheim all in the system.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Crouse seems like he has Flyers written all over him even thought they should probably take Werenski if he is there- maybe at 7 its a reach for Philly, but maybe they get lucky and Provorov drops to 7.

I want Merkley. It will be interesting to see if he gets to 14. Boston certainly needs young D but nobody looks at 14 other than maybe Roy who is worth the spot.

A lot of the posters in the B's Draft thread that watch WHL regularly are down on Merkley? If Connor is there at 14, he would be my guy.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
looks like Rantanen is taking this one. Crouse has my vote easily for 11

Rantanen took it down. I checked this morning.

Sorry for the delay guys, after a 3 day weekend the pile of work on my desk took over my day. I'll put up a new one tonight when I get home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad