2015 CHL Top Prospects Game

WesternHockeyScout

Apr 29, 2011
We are 1/3 of the way through the 2014-15 season and the 2015 NHL Draft class is beginning to take shape.

For quick look-ahead to the 2015 CHL Prospects game, to be held January 22nd in St. Catherines, ONT ( bmotopprospects.ca/ ), I've put together some mock rosters.

I've made mock rosters based on A.) the just released CSS Central Scouting Watch List ( www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=739668 ) and B.) the most recent FC list, which now ranks the top 100 ( futureconsiderations.ca/fc-releases-november-ranking-2015-nhl-draft/ ).

What I've done is consider only A/B ranked prospects and put them in order, as ranked by Future Considerations. You will see in the brackets next to each player both their FC Rank and CSS Grade , so (FC/CSS).

I've then assigned the players to Team Orr and Team Cherry based on Orr getting first pick and then alternating 2 picks each at a time, so Orr got 1, Cherry got 2/3, Orr got 4/5 etc. etc.

So that's the process used to select the players and build the teams in this absolutely non-binding mock build of the CHL Top Prospect Rosters. The actual rosters will be built with players selected by the 30 NHL teams in early December.

This is just for fun. A snapshot in time at the 1/3 mark of the season.

Team Orr
----------

Crouse ( 7/A) McDavid ( 1/A) Konecny ( 8/A)
Korostolev (22/A) Sprong (14/A) Merkley (15/A)
Gropp (35/B) Trenin (38/B) Musil (26/B)
DeBrusk (61/A) Gawdin (55/A) Yan (67/B)

J.Roy (17/B) Spencer (27/B)
Zboril (28/A) Brisebois (47/B)
Dermott (51/B) Vande Sompel (70/B)

Booth (80/A)
McNiven (NR/B)

Team Cherry
-----------

Zacha ( 6/A) Strome ( 5/A) Marner ( 9/A)
Svechnikov (19/A) Barzal (10/A) Harkins (21/A)
Bittner (29/A) Chlapik (44/A) N.Roy (30/A)
Gabrielle (50/B) Meier (NR/A) Knott (62/B)

Provorov (20/A) Carlo (24/A)
Wotherspoon (37/B) Pilon (34/B)
Carrier (52/B) Chabot (65/B)

Blackwood (91/A)
Montabalm (NR/B)​

Last edited:

bigdogsnipedaddy

Mar 2, 2012
Really looking forward to this game! Always great to see draft eligible players together and see how they can (or cant) mesh together for a night.
Dermott has been playing lights out for Erie. Strips forwards and moves the puck out of his zone with great efficiency.
Also love the play of Blackwood. Hope he gets a fair shot going forward.
Can anyone comment on Brisbois? Haven't seen or heard too much of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad