2015 CHL Import Draft Review

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Good stuff Brock. You mention a rule on the import draft about having two players but an exception is if you have a round 1 NHL pick (Zacha).

I read somewhere about another exception: Windsor had 2 picks and also apparently were able to protect Soberg, an overage import. Are you familiar with this type of exception? Thanks.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Good stuff Brock. You mention a rule on the import draft about having two players but an exception is if you have a round 1 NHL pick (Zacha).

I read somewhere about another exception: Windsor had 2 picks and also apparently were able to protect Soberg, an overage import. Are you familiar with this type of exception? Thanks.

Heard the same thing here in Niagara... the Dogs selected Kase, but protected Mikulovich and Aagaard as an OA import.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
The overage exception has always been in place. Or at least the last 20 years. The rule about imports I had never heard before was being able to 'hold' imports that didn't report the season before. Don't know if that's a new rule though.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Heard the same thing here in Niagara... the Dogs selected Kase, but protected Mikulovich and Aagaard as an OA import.

If Tammela doesn't report to the Petes I would love Aagard as a target via trade. We have an abundance of picks as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad