Salary Cap: 2015-2016: NHL Salary Cap #at 71.4 Million (Cap Floor, 52.8 Million)

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
lol

Kessel
for
Clarkson
8th OA
Rychel

still wouldn't do it myself

Oh man, that's tough. Rychel and the 8th could net us another top 5 pick. Even if we keep 8th overall and Rychel, we're going to have two great building blocks. Want nothing to do with Clarky though.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
What are the chances Horton ever plays again? slim to none? I saw an interview with him saying he's aiming for a return but maybe not till 2017.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
What are the chances Horton ever plays again? slim to none? I saw an interview with him saying he's aiming for a return but maybe not till 2017.

He can't bend over, let alone exercise. I highly doubt he will ever return to an NHL level form, even if last year and this year is all he tries to take off seeing as he is already 30 years old. It is either sit on LTIR or get surgery and take an early retirement. I'm pretty sure he has to be optimistic in order to get paid.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
There's also a 10% buffer.

yes I agree - however the concept that tradiing clarkson was HUGE for our offseason cap hit, well, no. our offseason cap hit is the same regardless.

what it does though is give us a blank cheque to go over the cap limit during the regular season as long as horton stays on LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->