Salary Cap: 2015-2016: NHL Salary Cap #at 71.4 Million (Cap Floor, 52.8 Million)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
What happened is the NHLPA (Players) chose to use the 5% inflation equalizer and that bumped the total from $69 mi to $71.4 mil.

League revenue and HRR did not go up this year and with the players agreeing to bump it up they will have a higher escrow rate 5 coming off their pay cheques.

If the Leafs dump Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul and Bozak for futures that is going to move the Leafs a lot closer to the floor than the ceiling.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Thats good news. Most cap space flexability we have ever had in the off season isn't it?

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
What happened is the NHLPA (Players) chose to use the 5% inflation equalizer and that bumped the total from $69 mi to $71.4 mil.

League revenue and HRR did not go up this year and with the players agreeing to bump it up they will have a higher escrow rate 5 coming off their pay cheques.

If the Leafs dump Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul and Bozak for futures that is going to move the Leafs a lot closer to the floor than the ceiling.

None of those guys are going anywhere without us seeing some money come back in cap dumps. Most likely not quite equal to what we're sending out, but I don't see us getting too close to the floor.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Unloading David Clarkson was huge for this team.

7 years 5.25 million.....i'm still in awe of Nonis for that one.

Wonder if he'd be included as a cap dump in a potential Kessel deal with the Jackets? :amazed:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm sure I'm in the vast minority but I hate the Cap.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm sure I'm in the vast minority but I hate the Cap.

nope. I loathe it. I can not stand it. I wish it would go away. and then there's the whole "well the salary cap makes it so you can have smarter, blah blah blah." whatever.

as a fan - the cap seriously hampers on the fun that are trades and unrestricted free agency.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Wonder if he'd be included as a cap dump in a potential Kessel deal with the Jackets? :amazed:

That would mean they would get Kessel for 3mil a season and would require a trade that basically depleted their roster and cupboards. It would require multiple firsts and top prospects with a few young high potential roster guys.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
That would mean they would get Kessel for 3mil a season and would require a trade that basically depleted their roster and cupboards. It would require multiple firsts and top prospects with a few young high potential roster guys.

Sounds alright when you put it that way.

wam_raven

Mar 2, 2007
Unloading David Clarkson was huge for this team.

7 years 5.25 million.....i'm still in awe of Nonis for that one.

The idea came 100% out of Columbus, it is Jarmo Kekäläinen you should be in awe of, and thanking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->