Line Combos: 2015-2016 Lineup

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Now that we're most likely looking at our team for the upcoming season, any thoughts on the 2015 offseason? I'll start by saying that I believe that similar to last season, we'll make a significant deadline splash. Without further adieu, here's my prediction:

:habs Tomas Plekanec, Greg Pateryn and a 3rd round pick
:hawks Patrick Sharp, 5th round pick

:habs Travis Moen
:sabres 6th round pick

:habs Rene Bourque
:coyotes David Schlemko and a 4th round pick

:habs Sign Zbynek Michalek. 3 years/4,250,000 per season
:habs Sign Steve Downie. 2 years/2,000,000 per season

Patrick Sharp - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnias - PA Parenteau

Jacob De La Rose - Lars Eller - Steve Downie

Brandon Prust - Michael Bournival - Dale* Weise

Alexei Emelin - PK Subban

Andrei Markov - Zbynek Michalek

Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

extras: Jared Tinordi, David Schlemko and Manny Malhotra

Last edited by a moderator:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You got to sign Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Galchenyuk to new contract first. I bet they're gonna have bridge contracts too but if the cap doesn't go up by much, you might find it hard to sign Downie and Michalek. What if Sekac gets to play and looks good? There will be no need for Downie and I believe we don't need that guy either. I'd rather have Meszaros on D if he's healthy even if he's a lefty (or even Regehr). Well, all depends on how well the team will do this season I guess..

Let's see if having more puckmovers improve the team

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It could work but I would rather keep Plekanec, an underrated shutdown center. Along with Eller we have two very good C for the PK. Besides, Chucky is almost already as good on the LW as Sharp for a fraction of the price.

We got enough cap space available to do something better than what you suggest, imo.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
maybe David Weise is Dale Weise but with David Desharnais' passing and stickhandling. now to create Dale Desharnais, who would have Weise's size and grit...

hmmmmm

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It should be a really talented & competitive Training Camp for the 2015 -2016 season, like others have pointed out Bergevin & staff will have to evaluate the Habs and all of their prospects during this season & next summer. All of this of course can lead to changes/or not, my feeling is the Habs are on the verge of becoming a power in the NHL and part of that is building from within.

The time spent in the AHL will be paying dividends for the parent club. Players that will begin their apprenticeship with the Habs taking their turn as 3rd & 4th liners. Each learning to play defensively in the NHL and becoming well rounded complete players. Those unable to compliment their offensive talents with defensive awareness, will either find themselves back in Hamilton or being part of a trade to gain more draft choices or a player that fits the mold the Habs expected of them.

As it stands it's hard to say with any certainty, what players will make the lines in 2014 - 2015 ATM. If the Habs lost Price or Subban to injury this season, they could be in the running for one of the Top Ten in 2015 Entry Draft. That could really disrupt the plans going forward, McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Barzal and many others could take a spot. Too early to pick them let alone trades included, IMO.:nod:

Creature of Habit

Jul 5, 2014
Nooooo please DD gone way before Pleks. He's invaluable and DD doesn't have a spot on the team if he's not playing with Patches. As soon as Galchenyuk becomes #1 C it's time to move Desharnais. Hopefully that will be next year.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Parenteau
Sekac-Plekanec-De la Rose/Andrighetto
Prust-Bournival-Weise

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Gilbert/Pateryn

Price
Tokarski

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - St-Louis/Ryan (Not gonna happen but whatever)
Andrighetto - Eller - Gallagher
De la Rose - Plekanec - Sekac
Prust - Bournival - Weise

Markov- Subban
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Emelin - Nygren
Tinordi

Price
Tokarski

The prospect/UFA optimist version that will probably not happen.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Since we are gazing into the crystal ball...

Sekac - Chuckie - Sherbie
DLR - Eller - Gally
Patches - Hudon - McC
Solid UFA Vet - Bourny - Weise
Nevins

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Lets not make unrealistic scenarios here...

what happened was

Additions:

Gilbert, Sekac, Parenteau, Malhotra

Subtractions:

Gorges, Gionta, Vanek, Briere

Now, we're talking about just over $8mil in cap spending for ALL the additions... what we subtracted equals to almost $19mil!!!

We seriously downgraded if we're evaluating players by cap. That's why I kept saying that its 2013 or never, since our cap was perfectly utilized with discounts on so many players....

Nevertheless we're still a powerhouse... glad that we're moving Emelin to the left but still not sure if Gilbert is an upgrade from Gorges... he was our best defensive-Dman...

Pacioretty - DD - Parenteau
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver

Price
Budaj

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad