2015-2016 General Wild Discussion I

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Key Points:

1) At some point the Wild will need to acquire a #1 center. No team in the modern NHL has won a Stanley Cup without an elite centers. Closest calls would be Boston with Bergeron/Krejci and Anaheim with Getzlaf/MacDonald.

2) There are no projected #1 centers in the Wild's system. Only possibilities would be a surprise by Granlund, Graovac, or Ek.

3) The Wild will move or lose at least 1 of Brodin/Spurgeon/Dumba in the next year or so due to cap/contract/roster constraints.

4) One of those three players alone is not enough to bring in a #1 center at the age we desire.

5) Wild have little tradeable assets other than it's deep blueline. Other players are undervalued at the moment, can't move because we need their skill set, or are prospects a few year from being NHL impact players.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Any other STH's get the email about buying their old seats when they rip them out to replace with the new ones? I've been kicking around the idea. It'd be cool to have a piece of the Xcel at home.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Any other STH's get the email about buying their old seats when they rip them out to replace with the new ones? I've been kicking around the idea. It'd be cool to have a piece of the Xcel at home.

Look up a few posts.

The 'must be wall-mounted' is a big turn-off for me.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Look up a few posts.

The 'must be wall-mounted' is a big turn-off for me.
Yeah, it'd be tricky to try to and use them. The $100 isn't ideal either, although I like the idea of being able to use reward points. I may have to see if our first seats are available from 2002....back when they were a crazy low price of $27. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
There is always the nuclear option:

Brodin and Dumba for RNH.

Other pieces would have to be involved, but that would get the Oilers to listen. And Spurgeon would have to be re-signed ASAP. Something like Brodin, Dumba, Pominville, and Graovac for RNH, Yak, and Fayne.

That could horribly back-fire, but it could also light the fuse on the Wild.
No.

Hell no.

HELL ****ING NO.

Brodin AND Dumba??? I'd say no to a deal that includes either of them unless its an OMGWTFBBQ overpayment on the other teams part, but a deal that moves BOTH of them? Yeah, no way we'd be able to get OMGWTFBBQ x 2 value from a team.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Key Points:

1) At some point the Wild will need to acquire a #1 center. No team in the modern NHL has won a Stanley Cup without an elite centers. Closest calls would be Boston with Bergeron/Krejci and Anaheim with Getzlaf/MacDonald.

2) There are no projected #1 centers in the Wild's system. Only possibilities would be a surprise by Granlund, Graovac, or Ek.

3) The Wild will move or lose at least 1 of Brodin/Spurgeon/Dumba in the next year or so due to cap/contract/roster constraints.

4) One of those three players alone is not enough to bring in a #1 center at the age we desire.

5) Wild have little tradeable assets other than it's deep blueline. Other players are undervalued at the moment, can't move because we need their skill set, or are prospects a few year from being NHL impact players.

He is arguably under one of the best contracts we have. For what he does on the ice, his age and the $$$ we're paying him, he is a steal.

I understand your need for a #1 center and I agree with it but selling off two huge assets like you said earlier is blasphemous for a defense first team and the system we run.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Yeah, it'd be tricky to try to and use them. The $100 isn't ideal either, although I like the idea of being able to use reward points. I may have to see if our first seats are available from 2002....back when they were a crazy low price of $27. :laugh:

I'm sure you could make some sort of mount for them if you're mechanically enabled. I have a few buddy's who are welders and might ask if they'd be able to work something out. It's definitely a dream of mine to have a wild themed man cave in the future so $100 a pop wouldn't be outrageous to invest into it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Our very nimble and offensively talented Dmen corps partially makes up for our lack of a #1 C, IMO. Suter, Spurgeon, Scandella, Dumba all have very good offensive skills. Brodin and Reilly ( should he make the team) have the potential to be excellent offensively also. Only Prosser is a write off.

Compare our D group now to years past. Yes, we had Burns... People forget how inconsistent he could be, and full of giveaways at times. Mitchell, Schultz, etc..?

Trading Brodin and Dumba is insanity.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Trading Brodin and Dumba for Nugent would change one of the best defensive teams to a team that has no real strengths.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
There is always the nuclear option:

Brodin and Dumba for RNH.

Other pieces would have to be involved, but that would get the Oilers to listen. And Spurgeon would have to be re-signed ASAP. Something like Brodin, Dumba, Pominville, and Graovac for RNH, Yak, and Fayne.

That could horribly back-fire, but it could also light the fuse on the Wild.

Not a chance, and I'm one of the few here on board with a RNH for Brodin base. Dumba is the offence/pp force from the back end that this team needs, and would be the perfect partner for Suter if we traded Brodin. Suter Scandella Spurgeon is at best a serviceable top 4. RNH doesn't make us such a great offensive team that we can afford that.

I'd add a center to Brodin for RNH+, but giving up Brodin and Dumba is not worth it for anyone short of Crosby or McDavid.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Minnesota Wild name Frederic Chabot as goalie development coach

Link to Story.

The Minnesota Wild has named Frederic Chabot (pronounced Schuh-bott) as the team's Goaltending Development Coach.

Chabot, 47 (2/12/68), will work with goalie prospects throughout the Minnesota Wild organization, including goaltenders playing for the Iowa Wild in the American Hockey League (AHL). The former NHL netminder joins the Wild after serving as the goaltending coach for the Edmonton Oilers (2009-14). Prior to joining the Oilers, he served as a Goaltending Consultant with Hockey Canada and their National Junior Team, helping Canada win a gold medal at the 2009 World Junior Hockey Championship. Chabot was also an instructor at Hockey Canada's Program of Excellence Goaltending Camp for three years (2007-09). The native of Hebertville-Station, Quebec, worked as a Goaltending Consultant with Berlin (DEL) in 2008-09, capturing the league championship with the Ice Bears. Chabot also worked with AIK Stockholm (SWE-2) from 2007-09, overseeing goaltending for the entire organization.

He cometh from Edmonton.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Dumba is replaceable. We have Reilly and Folin.

Brodin is not replaceable, but we have Olofsson.

And RNH would be the best center the Wild have ever had.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Then it's just a difference of opinion. I don't think anyone is even close to being called a replacement for Dumba in our system right now.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Dumba is replaceable. We have Reilly and Folin.

Brodin is not replaceable, but we have Olofsson.

RNH still has a lot to prove before he overtakes Koivu's prime/peak. Still hasn't scored enough points and his two-way play is far far from Koivu's level. There is gross case of overrating RNH in this thread. Not even starting to compare the linemates.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Career-high 56 points Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would be the best center in Wild history?

734b3tm.gif

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
RNH still has a lot to prove before he overtakes Koivu's prime/peak. Still hasn't scored enough points and his two-way play is far far from Koivu's level. There is gross case of overrating RNH in this thread. Not even starting to compare the linemates.
RNH is already better than Koivu.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Career-high 56 points Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would be the best center in Wild history?

734b3tm.gif

Should have said potentially or the most talented but Brodin and Dumba is too much for a maybe. I have never been a huge fan of RNH and expected more of him especially when you look at the players he has got to play with.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Also, the deal I proposed was for RNH and Yak, not just RNH. That's two high-end offensive players coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->