Prospect Info: 2015-2016 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Gotta hope that last year's 20+20 isn't the last step in the progression for both Coyle and Nino.

I think being able to just be a wing this year will help Coyle (Granny too). But he needs the confidence to play as an equal to his linemates. He seems to think he's the tag-along little brother when he's with Parise at times.

Nino not being in Yoe's doghouse constantly will help him. No clue why Yoe didn't like/under-used Nino.

I'll temper my expectations to similar point totals as last year. BB's system will take them awhile to learn (and unlearn parts of Yoe's system) and get comfortable playing.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Burmistrov's last KHL season: 10+16 in 53 gp
Kaprizov's last KHL season: 11+16 in 53 gp

One was 24, the other was 18. Funny numbers, aren't they? Kaprizov is already a better player, than Burmistrov will ever be.

I wasn't comparing Kaprizov and Burmistrov, I was commenting that Burmistrov has (or at least had) more puck skill than Wheeler, yet is a worse player, and saying that that could be the case with Kaprizov and Tuch. I was comparing slick skilled players to larger players who are still very reasonably skilled, and making the point that sometimes the more skilled players don't end up as the best players.

Please don't take from what I said that I'm not excited about what Kaprizov has already done, because I am. I'm just also not sold that Tuch is a worse prospect for the NHL just because his numbers were worse in a lower league last season. Personally, I'd rank Tuch as our top prospect in spite of the numbers. Judging by the polls on this forum, I see I'm not the only one.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Koivu wishes.

This is old, but Koivu hasn't moved down the list much. I don't think he's hurting in the SO department.

Anyway, Kaprizov had a nice move there, and it was a really odd one. Coming from the outside, then centering up, and then fooling the goalie into thinking he was going back outside the same way he came from. A good move, but a more patient goalie may be able to beat it regularly. Not sure, as I think it depends on how close he can get to the goalie before freezing the goalie. I'll be interested to see how he does with that move in the NHL, and I'm curious what else he has in his bag of tricks. I really hope this kid makes it!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Koivu was 0-4 last year in shootouts. He really only has his forehand/backhand move. IIRC he tried a couple of different things last year and they looked ugly.

Kaprizov goal was nice. He flatfooted the goalie and then a really quick backhand. A more patient goalie would probably stop that more often than not. If he has a decent forehand move then that backhand shot would be more effective.

But I'll take anyone that can score a SO goal for the Wild right now. Last year was pathetic.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Thank you! :handclap:

And that was beautiful. The move itself was quite simple, fundamentally, but the execution was incredibly graceful. Flawless.

Yes. He looks like he made up his mind at the last minute - nothing deliberate or predictable about that.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Kaapo Kähkönen signed with Lukko(FEL) for this season and has played really well so far in the CHL games. 94.59 SV%, 2.06 GAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->