11 - Anthony Stolarz - G (58%)
12 - Mark Friedman - D (51%)
13 - Felix Sandstrom - G (34%)
14 - Taylor Leier - F (31%)
15 - Radel Fazeleev - F (49%)
16 -

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Alt still has NHL potential if he rebounds with a healthy year. He will be no more then a 3rd pairing. 2 preseasons ago he was really impressive then got crushed and hurt his shoulder.

The other guys left still have a little more to prove then alt

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going back a bit, despite Sandstrom being drafted higher, a bit surprised he was ahead of Tomek if only because we seem to know more about Tomek.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Knocking on the Door:
Marti, Christian - size, can skate, played well against older competition, good shot at 3rd pair D-man
Alt, Mark - has steadily improved, injury kept him from being brought up last year
Goulbourne, Tyrell - chance to be a 4th line winger in a year or two
Martel, Danick - has to make the transition to wing, really small, can he compensate?
Pettersson, Jesper - make or break season, small but built like a fireplug, can skate, can he do enough to be more than a AHL player?

Prospects down the road:
Kase, David - depends on physical development, can he get stronger without slowing down, hard to project 18 year olds
Marody, Cooper - same as Kase except college will slow his development
Dove-McFalls, Samuel - future depends on development of offensive skills, enough to be more than a 4th line checking forward?
Vorobyov, Mikhail - same
Tomek, Matej - goalies, who knows? Has a shot
Vasilev, Valeri - played well in KHL, but not well enough to bring over, young enough to watch for improvement

Madsen, Merrick - needs to play before you know what you have (or don't have)
Fedotov, Ivan - same

Non-prospects:
Alderson, Brandon - see nothing that suggests NHL player
Amorosa, Terrance - who?
Bardreau, Cole - AHL talent
Drake, David - doubt he's even offered a contract
Mathers, Derek - doubt he's even offered a contract
Parks, Michael - was he offered a contract?
Straka, Petr - time is running out, talent but no heart
Willcox, Reece - AHL player at best

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Knocking on the Door:
Marti, Christian - size, can skate, played well against older competition, good shot at 3rd pair D-man
Alt, Mark - has steadily improved, injury kept him from being brought up last year
Goulbourne, Tyrell - chance to be a 4th line winger in a year or two
Martel, Danick - has to make the transition to wing, really small, can he compensate?
Pettersson, Jesper - make or break season, small but built like a fireplug, can skate, can he do enough to be more than a AHL player?

Prospects down the road:
Kase, David - depends on physical development, can he get stronger without slowing down, hard to project 18 year olds
Marody, Cooper - same as Kase except college will slow his development
Dove-McFalls, Samuel - future depends on development of offensive skills, enough to be more than a 4th line checking forward?
Vorobyov, Mikhail - same
Tomek, Matej - goalies, who knows? Has a shot
Vasilev, Valeri - played well in KHL, but not well enough to bring over, young enough to watch for improvement

Madsen, Merrick - needs to play before you know what you have (or don't have)
Fedotov, Ivan - same

Non-prospects:
Alderson, Brandon - see nothing that suggests NHL player
Amorosa, Terrance - who?
Bardreau, Cole - AHL talent
Drake, David - doubt he's even offered a contract
Mathers, Derek - doubt he's even offered a contract
Parks, Michael - was he offered a contract?
Straka, Petr - time is running out, talent but no heart
Willcox, Reece - AHL player at best
Swap Pettersson and Bardreau.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Alt still has NHL potential if he rebounds with a healthy year. He will be no more then a 3rd pairing. 2 preseasons ago he was really impressive then got crushed and hurt his shoulder.

The other guys left still have a little more to prove then alt

I never understood this thinking. By definition, every prospect still has everything to prove. It's why they're prospects to begin with.

When a player is drafted you don't hope for the meager and almost marginal ceiling of a 6th/7th D either. Gime me a guy with a five percent chance of becoming an impact player over a Ryan Parent or the like any day.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'll keep going Martel. The most skilled and impressive of the lower tier prospects, IMO; at least at this stage. I wouldn't begrudge Tomek, though.

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
Vorobyov - feel he has the highest upside of our offense prospects remaining. Hearty said top 6 guy. How do fazleev and leier go above him?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vorobyov - feel he has the highest upside of our offense prospects remaining. Hearty said top 6 guy. How do fazleev and leier go above him?

Probably the same thing, no one seems to know that much about him.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Someone good is going to be left out. Looks like it'll be Tomek here, so four spots to go and Alt, Marti, Martel, Marody, Kase and Vorobyov are all quite solid prospects.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm went longterm here with Kase. I think him & Martel are the two most talented players on the board but I feel more comfortable with Kase's projection between the two.

I'm really hoping we see him cross the pond to play in the OHL so we can track his development better. You really don't see many Czech players of his caliber stick around there that late so it's tougher to find comparable players to how they stack up to each other.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Once you get down this low I think you have to take how close a player is to playing in the NHL into consideration, which is why I went with Alt (and will do so again next poll.)

Guys like Kase & Vorobyov need show me something this year before I start voting for them over guys like Alt, Marti, Martel, etc..

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I can't bring myself to vote for goalies. Such a crap shoot. I went a little off the board with Tyrel. From what I have seen from him I feel like he has a decent chance to make it as a solid 4th liner. The other guys are low percentage boom or bust guys, which I am fine with taking in the draft but I always think of as a little lower in the rankings when they are 18 then somebody that is a little older and nearer their albeit limited potential.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
I'm went longterm here with Kase. I think him & Martel are the two most talented players on the board but I feel more comfortable with Kase's projection between the two.

I'm really hoping we see him cross the pond to play in the OHL so we can track his development better. You really don't see many Czech players of his caliber stick around there that late so it's tougher to find comparable players to how they stack up to each other.

I think Kase is highly under ratted. This teams top 15 is really solid. For anyone who thinks that the remaining prospects are all the same here. Just doesn't know enough to speak about them. Kase and Martel are definitely legit NHL Prospects.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think the difference between this list and two years ago is that guys out of the top ten were unlikely to move up, now there are a half dozen or more prospects who could jump with a good year of development. And if Hextall keeps collecting draft picks, after next year's draft they could be looking at potential NHL players (i.e. NHL upside even though half won't pan out) well into the 20s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad