2015-16 Start/Sit Week 14

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Am I crazy to play Baldwin over Landry? Landry's production has been too sporadic and Seattle is on a late season tear.

Landry is the opposite of sporadic. You're just catching him at a very weird time (career high game followed by a career low game). He's one of the safer plays in the league as a high-volume receiver, and has considerable upside considering his utilization in the red zone. Baldwin has obviously been on a tear the last 4 games, but Seattle is always a threat to abandon the pass game (once again they rank last in the league in pass attempts).

I'd go with Landry but can't blame you for starting Baldwin instead.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Still so conflicted between West, Latavius, crabtree and davante parker.

Need 1 RB and 1 Flex.

The Denver matchup has me so scared to use either Raider but I'm leaning Latavius anyways. For some reason I have this weird feeling that MNF might be a shootout which would be great because I also have OBJ but would make Parker make some sense but it's a risky move.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Landry is the opposite of sporadic. You're just catching him at a very weird time (career high game followed by a career low game). He's one of the safer plays in the league as a high-volume receiver, and has considerable upside considering his utilization in the red zone. Baldwin has obviously been on a tear the last 4 games, but Seattle is always a threat to abandon the pass game (once again they rank last in the league in pass attempts).

I'd go with Landry but can't blame you for starting Baldwin instead.

The last four weeks have been up and down for Landry.

My other two receivers are Robinson and Green so all four players have juicy match ups making it even more difficult.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The last four weeks have been up and down for Landry.

My other two receivers are Robinson and Green so all four players have juicy match ups making it even more difficult.

His game 3 weeks ago was as average of a game as you can get from him (66 yards vs. a 68 average on the season; no TD, but you should never really expect that every week). With Baldwin, he's done nearly 2/3 of his damage in terms of fantasy points in his last 4 games (1/3 of his season), which means he's had a lot of stinkers this year.

I get starting Baldwin as a potential high-reward play as he's been able to find the end-zone a lot lately, but I just don't think the best argument for it is because Landry is "sporadic". Landry's entire appeal is his consistency and high floor.

That being said, Landry was downgraded to questionable, so the injury that clearly affected him last week may be at play again on Monday, making all of this a moot point.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
2 Flex league, full PPR, need 2 of the following:

McFadden
Gio Bernard
Langford
Davante Adams
James White (Pats)
Tim Hightower
Sefarian-Jenkins

Right now I am leaning McFadden and Bernard with Langford a close 3rd. I am also starting Forte as my #2 RB.

Edit:

Also, WTF do I do about defense this week. I have Cincy, who I have rode into the playoffs, but they are playing Pitt. Waiver wire has horrible options. Best of the bunch I guess would be, matchup wise, Giants, TB, SF & Cle, Chicago.

Do I really bench Cincy and put my season on the line with one of those crap squads?

Last edited:

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Option 1: Start ASJ tomorrow against NO
Option 2: Wait for Gronk, start Tye if Gronk can't go

Leaning toward Gronk

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I need a FLEX player between Demarco Murray, Jeremy Langford, Tim Hightower and Davante Parker...

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So Im going with:

Wilson over Bortles

Landry over Bryant as my #3

And Reed over Gates and Thomas at TE

Im stuck on Landry or Bryant, and at TE. Landry has a great matchup against the Giants, but Bryant is just a big play threat as well. And I like Reed at TE, but Thomas could have a big game today, which in turn would probably mean a big game for Bortles as well. Thoughts?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
His game 3 weeks ago was as average of a game as you can get from him (66 yards vs. a 68 average on the season; no TD, but you should never really expect that every week). With Baldwin, he's done nearly 2/3 of his damage in terms of fantasy points in his last 4 games (1/3 of his season), which means he's had a lot of stinkers this year.

I get starting Baldwin as a potential high-reward play as he's been able to find the end-zone a lot lately, but I just don't think the best argument for it is because Landry is "sporadic". Landry's entire appeal is his consistency and high floor.

That being said, Landry was downgraded to questionable, so the injury that clearly affected him last week may be at play again on Monday, making all of this a moot point.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012

It's fantasy we can all speculate 'til we turn blue but no one can say with 100% certainty how things will turn out.

With that said, I still lost because Indy kept Robinson in check and Eifert got hurt on the first drive. Sucks too because I was going for first overall and a $80 payout.

But now I have three spots to choose between Robinson, Green, Landry, Baldwin, and Lockett for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad