2015-16 Start/Sit Week 12

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
I'm slumping at the wrong time having lost 3 straight and really need a win this week. But I really like the matchups for my guys this week, especially the RB. The worst matchup is facing the 24th ranked D against RB, all the way up to the 32nd ranked Chargers.

PPR, pick 3 for RB and flex slots please

AP @ Atl (no brainer)
Ivory vs Miami - 28th ranked D
Stewart @ Dal - 31st ranked D
TJ Yeldon vs SD - 32nd ranked D
Blount @ Den - surprisingly the 24th ranked D against RB in my league's settings

It's hard to take Ivory out being the 7th ranked RB but he hasn't been great lately. And I'd like to get Yeldon in. Any advice against going with AP, JStew and Yeldon?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm slumping at the wrong time having lost 3 straight and really need a win this week. But I really like the matchups for my guys this week, especially the RB. The worst matchup is facing the 24th ranked D against RB, all the way up to the 32nd ranked Chargers.

AP @ Atl (no brainer)
Blount @ Den - surprisingly the 24th ranked D against RB in my league's settings

It's hard to take Ivory out being the 7th ranked RB but he hasn't been great lately. And I'd like to get Yeldon in. Any advice against going with AP, JStew and Yeldon?

AP and Stewart are the no-brainers. Stewart has such a high floor as he's in such a great situation with no competition and a great team that plays with the lead a lot.

Not that it matters because AP is a must-start every week vs. anyone, but I don't think Atlanta is a great match-up for him despite them giving up the 5th most points to RBs. The Falcons give up among the fewest rushing yards and yards per carry to RBs in the entire league. Where they get lit up is RBs having success through the air and with rushing TDs. With AP not being great in the receiving game and the Vikings being fairly inconsistent in their passing game (in terms of getting AP into a scoring position), it wouldn't shock me to see AP have a bad day.

Ivory vs. Yeldon is interesting. Most will still tell you to go with Ivory, but he's been brutal in the majority of his games the last 5 weeks. He was saved by a couple TDs, but he was legitimately a 1 YPC RB in two straight weeks. That's crazy and it's tough to depend on someone like that. He has a decent match-up, but Yeldon vs. San Diego is much more intriguing. Unlike the Falcons, the Chargers are garbage in just about any metric you want to look at vs. RBs. The Jags have shown a lot of faith in Yeldon even when things weren't going well in some games, so I think if he gets in a groove (which is quite likely vs. the Chargers), they'll just let him go and repeatedly feed him.

I would keep an eye on what people are saying about Blount though. Denver's run D is good as well (same deal with the Broncos as the Falcons), but Denver's pass D being so dominant makes me think we might be in store for one of those 30-carry games by Blount.

AP, Stewart, Yeldon for now though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Stevie Johnson, Diggs or Vincent Jackson?

Stevie

AP @ Atl (no brainer)

Agreed on those three.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Romo vs. CAR or Dalton vs. STL (I know... there's nothing really out there)
In a standard league, if Jeffery plays (at GB), do I start him or Miller (at NYJ)?
Cincy D vs. STL or Seattle D vs. PIT? (I know... SEA D is so good, but against PIT?)
Eagles D at DET (who just got torched by TB) or Patriots D at DEN?
Eli at WAS or Bortles vs. SD?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
To many Thursday games. Damn turkey day. So need some help here.

12-team standard league.

QB-Brady (few down weeks and so many injuries but have to stick with him)
2 RB Spots - Rawls, Ivory, West, Starks. Which two to start?
2 WR Spots - Jeffery, Adams, Sneed, Hankerson, Wright, Shorts III, Terrence Williams. Which two?
One Flex - anyone from above.
TE - Gronk (again have to stick with him right?)

Defense - Buffalo (do I start them or go to free agency? There isn't much. Steelers seem a popular pick. Baltimore against the woeful Browns. Giants against Washington?)

All advice super helpful.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Need a WR, 2 RB and Flex out of these guys in PPR:

Forte
McFadden
Rawls
Buck Allen
Aiken
D.Adams

If Forte is a go then Forte and Rawls. Don't like Bucks's matchup this week. Aiken as your WR.
Not not sure on your flex. I have Adams too but with his ankle acting up again. His invisibility last week and the short week scare me. McFadden has a nasty matchup.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
AP, Stewart, Yeldon for now though.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. Appreciate the advice and time you took to write it. That's the hard part with Blount. He could easily go off for 50+ yards and a td or two every week but it's the unpredictable nature of NE that makes it hard to start him.

Agreed on those three.

Thanks. I'll give Yeldon, Stewart and AP a shot unless any news comes in leading up to gametimes.

In a standard league, if Jeffery plays (at GB), do I start him or Miller (at NYJ)?
Cincy D vs. STL or Seattle D vs. PIT? (I know... SEA D is so good, but against PIT?)

Tough calls, as expected if you're the one asking! I'll give them a shot but unfortunately don't have the expertise to make great suggestions.

- I'd say Dalton, but Romo might put up some good numbers to keep up with the Panthers
- Jeffery if he plays, high risk/reward. If you want the safer play go with Miller
- Cincy D
- tough one, thinking Pats D
- similar to above, Eli for high risk/reward. He's been so up and down but will be coming rested off the bye week. I think Bortles is the safer play and have been playing him the last 2 weeks. Been a bit disappointed and am hoping for better this week.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
NON PPR

Pick 2 RB to start from this list:

Forte vs GB

Allen vs CLE

Freeman vs MIN

Martin vs IND

Woodhead vs JAX

and for FLEX, pick an RB from that list or a WR from this one:

Stevie vs JAX

Hurns vs SD

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Standard scoring:

QB:
Big Ben @SEA
Bortles vs. SD

Flex:
Frank Gore vs. TB
Brandon Marshall vs. MIA
Sammy Watkins @KC
Travis Benjamin vs. BAL

I'm planning on starting Forte, Lamar Miller, ODB and Amari Cooper.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Need to choose one (standard scoring), I would normally choose Alshon, but the injury and short week are factors:

James Jones vs Chi
Alshon Jeffery (limited practice, groin/shoulder) at GB
Stefon Diggs at ATL

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
PPR
Harris @SF or V.Jackson @IND

TE Standard
Celek @Det or Graham vsPIT (getting desperate)

Pick 2 - 0.5ppr, bonus points for 40+ yrd gains
A.Blue vsNO
Antonio Andrews vsOAK
Stevie Johnson @JAX
Dwayne Harris @WAS

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Pick a QB, 2 WR, 2 RB and 2 Flex from the following (non-PPR):

QBs: J. Winston, D. Carr
WRs: A. Hurns, E. Sanders, A. Jeffery, D. Harris, D. Moncrief, D. Funchess
RBs: D. Johnson JR., M. Forte, J. Langford, J. Allen, A. Bradshaw

Was leaning towards Winston, Sanders, Jeffery (health permitting), Forte, Allen, Harris, Johnson

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Forte
McFadden
Rawls
Buck Allen
Aiken
D.Adams

Rawls, Allen, McFadden and Adams

12-team standard league.

2 WR Spots - Jeffery, Adams, Sneed, Hankerson, Wright, Shorts III, Terrence Williams. Which two?

Defense - Buffalo (do I start them or go to free agency? There isn't much. Steelers seem a popular pick. Baltimore against the woeful Browns. Giants against Washington?)

Rawls and Ivory
Jeffery (if he plays) and Adams... Snead if Jeffery is out
West (if he plays), Hankerson if he doesn't
I'd stick with the Bills

NON PPR

Pick 2 RB to start from this list:

Forte vs GB
Allen vs CLE
Freeman vs MIN
Martin vs IND
Woodhead vs JAX

Stevie vs JAX
Hurns vs SD

Freeman (if he plays) and Allen... Martin if Freeman is out
Hurns

Standard scoring:

QB:
Big Ben @SEA
Bortles vs. SD

Flex:
Frank Gore vs. TB
Brandon Marshall vs. MIA
Sammy Watkins @KC
Travis Benjamin vs. BAL

I'm planning on starting Forte, Lamar Miller, ODB and Amari Cooper.

Bortles
Marshall

Need to choose one (standard scoring), I would normally choose Alshon, but the injury and short week are factors:

James Jones vs Chi
Stefon Diggs at ATL

Alshon if he plays, Diggs if he doesn't

PPR
Harris @SF or V.Jackson @IND

TE Standard

A.Blue vsNO
Antonio Andrews vsOAK
Stevie Johnson @JAX
Dwayne Harris @WAS

Not sure who Harris on Arizona is
Celek since Ertz is out

Andrews and Stevie

Was leaning towards Winston, Sanders, Jeffery (health permitting), Forte, Allen, Harris, Johnson

Winston
Hurns, Jeffery (Funchess if Jeffery is out)
Allen and Forte
Sanders and Langford

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

12-team standard league.

Update on my own post. West didn't practice today so not sure he plays. I'm really not sure at all on defense.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Stevie Johnson, Diggs or Vincent Jackson?
Stevie has a very low ceiling and Diggs has really cooled, I'd go VJax.

AP @ Atl (no brainer)

It is tough to take Ivory out but I agree with you, especially in PPR. I really like Yeldon this week.

Dalton seems to be fading and Dallas seems to have new life with Romo back, I'd give him the slight edge. I feel like Carolina will falter one of these weeks. (Most rankings would say Dalton though).
If Jeffery is healthy I'd roll with him.
Cincy's D is MUCH better in real life than fantasy. I'd go Sea.
I have a feeling Stafford has a good day tomorrow, and it looks like the Eagles have given up, I'd go Pats.
I see Yeldon having a big day and Wash gives up slightly more to QBs than SD, I'd go Eli.

Forte
McFadden
Rawls
Buck Allen
Aiken
D.Adams
Rawls, Allen, and DMC for sure (too hard to trust Forte his first week back when you have very good options). Adams while not terribly productive lately has gotten the targets, I'd go with him over Schaub throwing to Aiken.

Rawls for sure. Then West if he's a full go (ideally gets some practice in). If not Ivory.
Jeffery for sure if he's active. Then I'd probably go Adams. Snead if Jeffery doesn't play.
If West is a go I'd flex Ivory, if not I'd flex Snead. If Jeffery and West are out I'd flex TWill.

KC hasn't given up a ton to Ds and the Giants D has been great the past 5 weeks (even managed 7 against the Pats). Depends on if you could drop the Bills and pick them back up, because I like them better ROS. But I like the Giants better this week.

Non PPR Pick 2 RB to start from this list:
Forte vs GB
Allen vs CLE
Freeman vs MIN
Martin vs IND
Woodhead vs JAX
Freeman is still in phase one of concussion protocol so I think he's out. I have a feeling Langford will see significant snaps Forte's first week back. Martin has a very good matchup, and Allen does as well, so I'd go with those two. (Unless Freeman is a go on Sunday, then I'd go him and Martin).

Stevie vs JAX
Hurns vs SD
SD's been good against the pass, and Stevie has a very low ceiling. Unless Freeman's ruled out by tomorrow I'd sit Forte, roll the dice that he can start Sunday, and if not go Martin, Allen, and Woodhead.

Standard scoring:
QB:
Big Ben @SEA
Bortles vs. SD
Gotta go Bortles.

Flex:
Frank Gore vs. TB
Brandon Marshall vs. MIA
Sammy Watkins @KC
Travis Benjamin vs. BAL
Gore's banged up, I like Watkins but not this week, I think you gotta go Marshall.

James Jones vs Chi
Stefon Diggs at ATL
If Alshon's a go I'd still roll with him.

PPR
Harris @Wash or V.Jackson @IND
Definitely VJax.

TE Standard
Gotta go Graham.

A.Blue vsNO
Antonio Andrews vsOAK
Stevie Johnson @JAX
Dwayne Harris @WAS
I think you gotta go Blue and Andrews based on volume alone. Harris is too TD dependent, and Stevie's very meh to me.

Rankings all have Carr ahead, but if this a 4 point per passing TD league it's REAL close. It's essentially a coin flip so I'd go with whoever you like better.
Gotta go Jeffery if he plays, then I'd probably go Hurns. If Jeffery and Sanders are out (and Funchess had played) I'd give Moncrief the slight edge over Harris.
We're looking at 2RB and 2FLEX left. Allen for sure. If Forte plays I'd actually go him and Langford as I think it'll be some type of like 60/40 split. Then with Gore banged up I'd go Bradshaw. Unless Jeffery and Sanders are a go, then I'd start Hurns over Bradshaw (unless Gore's out).

Do I start Melvin Gordon or CJ Anderson? Aka I'm boned.
Anderson has a higher ceiling but a lower floor. Ceiling's not that high though and the floor is scary low. I'd go Gordon.

I have to start one of Davante Adams, Steve Johnson or Michael Floyd... Who would u pick?
Floyd practiced today, and since you have Stevie as backup I'd sit Adams tomorrow. If Floyd's healthy I'd go with him, and if not then you go Stevie.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Thanks guys! One last one, do I go with Lamar Miller @NYJ or take a gamble on Frank Gore vs. TB? I'm leaning just sticking with Miller at this point because he's won me a couple weeks.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
1) Carr ( ten) vs Big Ben (seattle)

2) Jimmy Graham vs Crockett Gilmore (full PPR)

3) CJ2K (niners) vs Lamar Miller (jets) - full ppr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad