2015-16 NCAA Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Oregon wins the Pac-12 with a win over UCLA last night. Best team they've had in a while. I still think they will probably get upset before getting too far in the tournament, they have looked very beatable many times away from Eugene.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
North Florida got destroyed by Florida Gulf Coast in the Atlantic Sun tournament last night, but if Stetson (the #7 seed) wins, North Florida gets in the NCAA Tournament anyway since Stetson is ineligible due an APR penalty. North Florida was the regular season champion.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
North Florida got destroyed by Florida Gulf Coast in the Atlantic Sun tournament last night, but if Stetson (the #7 seed) wins, North Florida gets in the NCAA Tournament anyway since Stetson is ineligible due an APR penalty. North Florida was the regular season champion.

So, basically, Florida Gulf Coast is automatically the first team in to the tournament. Yay.

member 51464

After winning its 12th-straight conference championship, Kansas needs one more next year to match UCLA for longest streak all time. Pretty nuts. I gotta say, even if they don't do it, I think KU's is more impressive considering the changes in the game since then. Thoughts?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wichita State loses to Northern Iowa again. Will thry get in? I think they might, but I'm not sure. Van Vleet's injury should be a factor, but their resume still sucks.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I still don't think they take Wichita unless its on rep.

On another note I don't think Syracuse is the lock the TV makes it out to be. They are only 19-12.

Oregon State is interesting. Northwestern too. If they win today they have 20 wins. That used to be a big threshold.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

On another note I don't think Syracuse is the lock the TV makes it out to be. They are only 19-12.

Oregon State is interesting. Northwestern too. If they win today they have 20 wins. That used to be a big threshold.

Oregon State should be in. Northwestern is nowhere close.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Northwestern has an RPI of 113, they beat nobody out of conference and are Sub-.500 in B1G play. ONLY chance they have at the NCAAs is winning the conference tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad