Pre-Game Talk: 2015/16 Home Opener

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
not sure why people are so up in arms about that. It's a special occasion anyway, why does it need a special opponent?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Its just...we aren't even rivals or anything, just feels like a 'meh' team for an opener. Rangers/Tampa/Philly.....Winnipeg, the Sabres are bigger rivals than the Jets :laugh: i just had higher hopes i guess.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Going back to the 2005 lockout (in order of most recent home-opener to the 2005/06 home-opener):

Flyers, Lightning, Rangers, Flyers, Capitals (although the Bruins played the Coyotes in Prague before), Capitals, Penguins, Lightning, Flames, Canadiens.

So outside of playing the Habs in 2005, this is pretty much par for the course. Not one divisional game in the last 9 seasons, and even one out-of-Conference game vs. the Flames as well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its just...we aren't even rivals or anything, just feels like a 'meh' team for an opener. Rangers/Tampa/Philly.....Winnipeg, the Sabres are bigger rivals than the Jets :laugh: i just had higher hopes i guess.

not one team you mentioned are one`s I consider rivals

IMO, the ONLY true rival is the Habs and honestly, with the way the B`s played last year, if anyone has a right to complain it`s the Jets, at least their fans were typically treated to a very entertaining product last year and likely will this year too;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad