2015-16 Fantasy Football Discussion: Final stretch/playoffs

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Baldwin missed Thursday's practice and could be a game-time decision. Rotoworld says though that if he practices today that there shouldn't be question about him playing.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Nice job, Ginn Jr. and Bryant on crapping the bed. Now, my matchup is much closer than it needs to be.

Oh well, time to start shredding, Baldwin, Lockett, and Robinson!

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Tom Brady lost me the championship.

Brandon Weeden won me the championship.

121ec250d86d2188c4598c1574d92845.jpg

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Brandon Weeden won me the championship.

121ec250d86d2188c4598c1574d92845.jpg

I would hate to be the guy on the other team. He must have felt pretty confident coming into the weekend seeing Weeden in the lineup.

Brady lost it for me until the Arizona defense pounded out 41.5 points :eek:

Ughhhhhhh all I needed was 9 more stinking points. I haven't won a championship in fantasy sports in six years.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Here's how I did (hint: not good)

14 team dynasty: 6th regular season, won 5th place game
12 team re-draft: 3rd regular season, lost 3rd place game
12 team dynasty: 8th regular season, TBD
12 team three sport dynasty (NFL leg): 3rd regular season, TBD
14 team dynasty: 3rd regular season, lost championship game
12 team re-draft: 6th regular season, TBD
12 team dynasty: 8th regular season, won 7th place game
8 team re-draft: 2nd regular season, TBD
12 team four sport dynasty (NFL leg): 5th regular season, will win if A.J. Green gets 40.1 or less
12 team auction dynasty: 4th regular season, lost 3rd place game

So, I made the playoffs in 7 of 10, and it looks like I'll only win one league.

*Bob Richards*

I won my league championship. First time I've ever done it. Thank you, Jordan Reed. :)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Clinched 3rd tonight. Had to sweat it out a bit since I needed 8 points from Rueben Randle and the Giants offense was nowheresville for 2 1/2 quarters. I leave the room and hear "Rueben Randle! 72 yard touchdown!" and just about passed out.

Really happy with the way my season turned out considering it was my first year in this league taking over a weak team and my first go at a dynasty league this year. I ended up 9-6-1 but was competitive almost every week. Of my 6 losses, 4 of them were by 4 points or less. It's a really hard league to win in, most games are tight and you have to be on your toes when it comes to waiver moves and such.

Thinking about keepers next year, I have some pretty nice options:

Mark Ingram - 3rd
Latavius Murray - 3rd
DeAndre Hopkins - 4th
Doug Martin - 5th
Karlos Williams - 10th
Theo Riddick - 11th
Marcus Mariota - 12th
Dorial Green-Beckham - 17th
Brandon Coleman - 18th

I can keep up to 5 of the above, including one developmental player that doesn't cost me a draft pick. I'm really torn in some ways.

-Martin and Hopkins are no-brainers at their respective draft grades, both would be 1st or 2nd round picks next year.

-I'd like to keep Ingram and Murray, but I like Riddick and Williams a lot, both are super-productive at the cost of a lower-round pick. Not sure what to do here. Murray is a horse, but inconsistent. Ingram gets volume, but is injury-prone. Riddick has a ton of value respective to draft grade (this is PPR scoring), but not a ton of upside since he doesn't score touchdowns. The kicker here is that I don't have an extra 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder to give, so if I kept both Ingram and Murray one of them would only cost me a 6th. I am leaning this direction. Until a few weeks ago Karlos Williams was a no-brainer keeper but at this point his lack of workload combined with his injury history makes me wary.

-Mariota is my developmental player so I get him free for next year. No-brainer. He was a solid QB1 when healthy this season, topped 20 points in 9 out of 12 starts and was really consistent from week to week.

-DGB and Coleman both have fantastic potential, I wish I could keep both. If I keep 3 running backs I won't be able to keep either one, but might be able to scoop Coleman in the draft since he is probably low on most people's radars.

Last edited:

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
I would hate to be the guy on the other team. He must have felt pretty confident coming into the weekend seeing Weeden in the lineup.

Ughhhhhhh all I needed was 9 more stinking points. I haven't won a championship in fantasy sports in six years.

He had Johnny Manziel in the lineup, so that kind of stank for him :laugh:.

Screenshot, or it didn't happen. :sarcasm:

2e3c9a883933b2eebd60db264ed11787.png

:D

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
2 years playing fantasy football, 2 championships

Though I did poor in my first year in a different league

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
First year playing fantasy football... won both my leagues. :D

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
My league was won by the guy who swooped in on some of the best FA's when the stars started going down for the year. He was middle of the pack for most of the season.
I got scraps due to being last in the waiver order.

Think we need a point system on he waiver wire next year.:help:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My league was won by the guy who swooped in on some of the best FA's when the stars started going down for the year. He was middle of the pack for most of the season.

Some leagues use waiver budgets. I've never played in a league that used them, though.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

That would really piss me off. Watching all those Grade A replacements get snagged before you.

I was second all year, so while I was losing guys like LaVeon Bell, Forsett and Steve Smith, cellar dwellers were grabbing their replacements, plus guys like Freeman, West, Bortles, etc.

Finally playoffs came in Week 14, and only the playoff teams are left, so I grabbed Hurns, Baldwin and Hightower in successive weeks. My Houston D came to life as well. Probably won with the worst "opening week" rated line-up in history.

The cherry on top is that all the players that I passed on, or who were scooped before me, had mediocre weeks in the playoffs. Feels good to be lucky.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Won 3 championships :D!

12 team league (non-PPR): Finished 1st in regular season/Won Championship
12 team league (.5 PPR): Finishsed 1st in regular season/Won Championship
10 team league: Finished 3rd in regular season/Won Championship

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
That would really piss me off. Watching all those Grade A replacements get snagged before you.

I was second all year, so while I was losing guys like LaVeon Bell, Forsett and Steve Smith, cellar dwellers were grabbing their replacements, plus guys like Freeman, West, Bortles, etc.

Finally playoffs came in Week 14, and only the playoff teams are left, so I grabbed Hurns, Baldwin and Hightower in successive weeks. My Houston D came to life as well. Probably won with the worst "opening week" rated line-up in history.

The cherry on top is that all the players that I passed on, or who were scooped before me, had mediocre weeks in the playoffs. Feels good to be lucky.

I guess you played in a league where the waiver order resets every week?

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
The league I won had waiver priority based on weekly standings and I was in first all season and lost Charles and Foster and was last to get back ups. Luckily the guy who originally got West dropped him after his first start but West sucked since he was injured anyway. I was able to get Langford who had a couple great weeks with Forte out but my RBs sucked after losing those big 2

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
The league I won had waiver priority based on weekly standings and I was in first all season and lost Charles and Foster and was last to get back ups. Luckily the guy who originally got West dropped him after his first start but West sucked since he was injured anyway. I was able to get Langford who had a couple great weeks with Forte out but my RBs sucked after losing those big 2

Same here. I felt like every week I was gambling on Crowell and Sproles or some other plugs.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Some leagues use waiver budgets. I've never played in a league that used them, though.

They are great. You really need to be smart but I prefer it. Doesn't punish good managers. You can't do anything about injuries and if you're last on the waiver wire for being good, you can't do anything about that either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad