2015-16 Fantasy Football Discussion: Final stretch/playoffs

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Won my semi-final match-up in a close one. But I seriously need to step up my game at QB. With Mariota out and Matt Ryan up against the Panthers I will definitely need to hit the Waiver Wire. Problem is, I have $0 budget left. I blew the rest of it on Denard Robinson last and thankfully that paid off.

Here's who's available right now on waivers:

Hoyer
Cousins
Schaub
Cutler
Manziel
Bradford
McCarron
Osweiler
Gabbert
Kellen Moore
Case Keenum

These are in order of Yahoo's projected points for next week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was down by 3.08 in one league when the Saints got the ball back (had Hightower) and down by .7 in another (had Watson, Cooks and Snead). I lost them both. :rant:

It turns out that I did make it to the final in one league. I was up 11 against Calvin and Snead (I had nobody left), so I thought I was done.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I've never been in a league with budgets. Does that mean you could add a free agent once the player clears waivers, or you can't add anyone?

The budget only comes into affect if there are multiple bids for a player. You can bid 0, but if someone bids $1 they will get the player, despite waiver priority.

So I may not be able to get my top choice if someone else wants him and bids any $$$ on him. But of the 4 teams playing this week no one needs a QB.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The budget only comes into affect if there are multiple bids for a player. You can bid 0, but if someone bids $1 they will get the player, despite waiver priority.

So I may not be able to get my top choice if someone else wants him and bids any $$$ on him. But of the 4 teams playing this week no one needs a QB.

Got it.

I'm sure if someone else has a player who sucks on the bench that they will try and block you from adding a QB.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Here's who's available right now on waivers:

Hoyer
Cousins
Schaub
Cutler
Manziel
Bradford
McCarron
Osweiler
Gabbert
Kellen Moore
Case Keenum

These are in order of Yahoo's projected points for next week.

IMO Cousins won't have another big game like last week. Dallas offense is pathetic, but their defense is decent. Byron Jones will be covering Reed, so I wouldn't expect a big game from Cousins go to TE.
Cutler to be seems like a decent WW pickup as long as he doesn't fumble this week.

I got Ryan Fitz going into this week. Should be fine against the Pats, but I've put a claim in for Bridgewater.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
IMO Cousins won't have another big game like last week. Dallas offense is pathetic, but their defense is decent. Byron Jones will be covering Reed, so I wouldn't expect a big game from Cousins go to TE.
Cutler to be seems like a decent WW pickup as long as he doesn't fumble this week.

I got Ryan Fitz going into this week. Should be fine against the Pats, but I've put a claim in for Bridgewater.

Cutler is probably the guy I would choose from that list as well. Hoyer is probably the best bet, but the last update said he was still in the concussion protocol.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

Cousins isn't playing Dallas this week, it's Philly. And their pass defence has been horrible. I think I just made my decision.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Made it to the finals for the 2nd yr in a row. It's the 2nd yr of this league. And it's a 250 buy in.

Hopefully this year I win it instead of coming in 2nd.

After Romo went down I picked up bortles and he has been a monster.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Should I be concerned about Landry, Baldwin, or Karlos Williams? They're all Questionable and I can't find any health updates for today.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Should I be concerned about Landry, Baldwin, or Karlos Williams? They're all Questionable and I can't find any health updates for today.

Not sure about Landry or Williams, but I know that Baldwin missed yesterday's practice due to a hamstring injury. Fantasy wise, he's being considered day to day. Still a must start until we hear about today's practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad