2015-16 ECHL Schedule released

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
The Norfolk Admirals have their entire home schedule up on their website. I'm curious if the Indy Fuel will stick to their division (and 25-30 games against Fort Wayne & Evansville) or go to Alaska and Idaho twice. I say this because I cannot look at the schedule yet.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
Here's a grid showing the number of games played against each opponent for the 2015-16. It's really all over the place. I'm surprised at the lack of oversight shown by the league with regard to scheduling. Why have divisions and conferences if they have little effect on the schedule?

View attachment 82593

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Aside from Brampton vs Elmira and Reading vs Wheeling, every team has more games vs their division than teams outside the division. That is actually a pretty balanced schedule as far as the ECHL goes. Obviously this season (14-15) was particularly bad due to the late additions from the CHL and the last minute division shifts after the schedule was set, but there were teams who had no games, or less than five vs division opponents this year. There has never been a balanced schedule in the 14 years I've been following this league, and playing non-division teams more than division teams isn't unusual. It is mostly geography. Reading is closer to Wheeling than it is to Adirondack or Manchester, so no surprise to see that. Same with Elmira/Brampton.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
Aside from Brampton vs Elmira and Reading vs Wheeling, every team has more games vs their division than teams outside the division. That is actually a pretty balanced schedule as far as the ECHL goes. Obviously this season (14-15) was particularly bad due to the late additions from the CHL and the last minute division shifts after the schedule was set, but there were teams who had no games, or less than five vs division opponents this year. There has never been a balanced schedule in the 14 years I've been following this league, and playing non-division teams more than division teams isn't unusual. It is mostly geography. Reading is closer to Wheeling than it is to Adirondack or Manchester, so no surprise to see that. Same with Elmira/Brampton.

Still, it looks so messy to me. If this is balanced for the ECHL, I'm curious to see how bad other years were.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
If you go to ECHL.com, click on stats, then archive, and choose a year you can see the head to head records for each team vs every other team. It is about half way down the archive for each year. There is also a team vs division chart a little higher up.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
If you go to ECHL.com, click on stats, then archive, and choose a year you can see the head to head records for each team vs every other team. It is about half way down the archive for each year. There is also a team vs division chart a little higher up.

Cool, thanks. I may do some more number crunching.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
Uhhh... Pacific Division next year?

I was just going by the 2014-15 schedule and several previous ones. I have no idea what next year's schedule will look like, but I don't see why they couldn't keep the even team-vs.-team game numbers. Even if the Pacific teams are only playing themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad