League News: 2015-16 Around the League VIII (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'm not sure they're done up front. Trotz said they wanted a veteran and Connolly is only 24. I think this is just a Galiev upgrade and/or competition.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Fedor Tyutin (1 year, $2M to Avs) becomes the first of the buyout bunch to land a new team.

Also, Los Angeles never followed through with the Matt Greene buyout. He cleared waivers, but they ultimately didn't buy him out after missing out on Lucic.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Nathan Gerbe gets a 1 year $600K deal with the Rangers. Not as much two-way upside as Connolly, but more proven offensively and definitely a faster player.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Anyone think that Orlov's agent is still pissy about when he demanded Orlov to be traded or play? Now that Orlov is in a position to not be in the top 4 for probably another three years - I wonder if hes wanting his guy to be moved? If he demanded he play liek three years ago - then I'm sure he even has bigger goals for his guy for this next contract.

Orlovs agent is the same guy as Martin Erats... lol. Probably not a lot of romance with Caps and that guy.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
apparently both wings and isles are out on matt martin. would he be a good get if they somehow are interested? i think he is

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Matt Martin is Tom Wilson but with no upside and a higher pricetag.

No thanks.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Matt Martin is Tom Wilson but with no upside and a higher pricetag.

No thanks.

Yeah - a good player a lot of teams could use - but you don't need TWO Tom Wilsons.

My god... If Caps had both of them that's about 4 minutes on avg in the penalty box per game, haha. Can't have that.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Should have said their rookies.

Thank you. All the talk about the Pens incredible depth around here seems to pretend their 3rd guy on each of their top 2 lines were Oshie and Williams caliber players instead of completely unproven and in no way expected to do anything types.

You want depth up and down the Caps lineup this coming season? Fill the 3rd spot on the each of the top 2 lines with Galiev and Vrana. You can still keep Ovechkin with either Backstrom or Kuznetsov on line 1 and also have talent all over the other 3 lines plus have a couple decently accomplished spares up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad