League News: 2015-16 Around the League VIII (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Hamhuis was able to leave money on the table with the Texas state taxes. If Hamhuis was on the table the same year as Orpik he would have made the same salary or more

true, your post is 100 percent correct. orpik would have gotten same deal there

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
People realize that the taxes are only for about half of the salary, right? Players still have to pay for each state they play in each game. So for about 40 games - a player in TX/FL is still paying state taxes. Still a lot of money saved - but it's not as much as people think.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Radulov gets 5.75 from habs

Wonder if they ran this by Shea Weber, since they were on the same team when Radulov last played in the NHL.

They move PK out and they bring Radulov in. I don't understand Montreal. If Billy Martin was still alive, they'd probably hire him to coach this team.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The 3rd goalie market is getting thin quickly. Zatkoff, Montoya, Hutton, Gustavsson, Johnson, and Stalock off the board. Think I'm rooting for Lindback at this point. Maybe Leighton.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The 3rd goalie market is getting thin quickly. Zatkoff, Montoya, Hutton, and Stalock off the board.
It is getting picked over a bit more than I thought between Florida adding Reimer and Montreal & Los Angeles adding someone. ANA, BUF & SJS still need #2s.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Lee Stempniak is gone now, 2 years $2.5M AAV.

This is exactly the type of signing the Capitals need to go for and they are falling off the board.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It is getting picked over a bit more than I thought between Florida adding Reimer and Montreal & Los Angeles adding someone. ANA, BUF & SJS still need #2s.

Only clear cut #2 left is Enroth. Rest are 2/3 tweeners (and Kari Ramo if he doesn't go to the KHL). Capitals sleeping on this one could cost Hershey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad