League News: 2015-16 Around the League VII (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sharks will be my bandwagon team if the Caps lose. I have family out there who are STH and Wardo is one of my all time favorites. They look like they have "it" this year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Seems like an alleged knock on Bruce is that he lacks composure late in a playoff series. Boomer and Laughlin talk about it.

I wonder if doing things like Trotz did - calling out the league and becoming the lightning rod for the team - is the type of thing Bruce needs to do to help get over the hump. Not that Trotz has done more than Bruce in the playoffs, mind you. But I am trying to figure out what Bruce can do differently in his next stop.

Minnesota seems a good landing spot, and get some excitement out of that team.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Seems like an alleged knock on Bruce is that he lacks composure late in a playoff series. Boomer and Laughlin talk about it.

I wonder if doing things like Trotz did - calling out the league and becoming the lightning rod for the team - is the type of thing Bruce needs to do to help get over the hump. Not that Trotz has done more than Bruce in the playoffs, mind you. But I am trying to figure out what Bruce can do differently in his next stop.

Minnesota seems a good landing spot, and get some excitement out of that team.
Does he really want to get involved in the Praise, Sutter, Oates love triangle?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Minnesota is kind of old, though. Calgary seems like the best fit with their young core group of forwards. Plus, goaltender uncertainty! Bruce's favorite!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The uncertainty shouldn't start until the playoffs, though. Roll an uncontested #1 all year, and then BAM!!!1!

Game 3 - yank his ass in the first period after giving up 2.

1plF8GW.jpg

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I do feel like he needs a team with no recent playoff history to deal with. Just go in with a young group of kids and vets and turn that **** around. The Caps (and Ducks) both had some playoff failure that creeps in.

He needs somewhere where he can coach and not worry about this playoff history **** that always comes up (although it always will I guess).

I think Calgary would be a nice fit.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't think the Ducks make the Playoffs next season.

Boudreau is one of the greatest regular season coaches of all time, but it's far more difficult to mask the weaknesses of a team during the Playoff time. I never really saw the Ducks as an elite team, but one that made nearly through the West year ago because of favorable match-up's. Should have work on fixing those weaknesses by adding better players, rather than booting the guy that made you a top team.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Should it get there, the Caps match up much better with the Isles.

Agreed. Caps know how to play against the Isles and dominate them.
I just can't stand some of the obnoxious Isles fans on these boards and wish their team an early exit. Lol.

On the other hand, beating three of the Caps nemesises from the 1980s and 1990s on route to the SCF would be sweet. :)

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Isles and TBay tied 2-2 after 2 periods. Cheering for TBay because Isles fans have been super annoying. Would be nice to see the Isles dumped from the playoffs pronto.

Isles fans chime in on everything Capitals. Have no idea how Wilson is still in their heads.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Islanders would be a much better matchup than Tampa Bay. That's not even factoring in the return of Stralman and the possible return of Stamkos.

It would also be nice to personally deliver the deathblow to the Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->