Prospect Info: 2015 139th overall - Christian Jaros (D) Lulea Jr. [SWEDEN-JR.]

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Looks like a solid R defensive D who can't score. A good Gryba replacement one day ;)

Apparently one of the worst skaters in the draft.
I think Murray secretly loved gryba and felt he had I trade him out of need. And desperately told his scouts to find a replacement.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Jaros is humble, hard-working guy. Very solid defenseman with mean streak, can throw a lot of hard hits. Good skater, can move the puck and has a very good shot. Don't be fooled with low numbers against men, he has a lot of offensive potentional. Best slovak D prospect in my opinion.

Last edited:

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Jaros is humble, hard-working guy. Very solid defenseman with mean streak, can throw a lot of hard hits. Good skater, can move the puck and has a very good shot. Don't be fooled with low numbers against men, he has a lot of offensive potentional. Best slovak D prospect in my opinion.

Dont take the bad skater to seariously.

Hes done fine over here in Lulea on bigger ice and let me tell you the kid is a REALLY hard hitter.

Punctured a guys lungs and broke his ribs with a hit in the juniors here in Sweden.

PS: Im a Lulea fan btw.

Last edited:

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I wouldn't say that. His numbers in the SHL are against men and in a reduced role. Some scouting sites say he has some offensive potential.

Im suprised that he does not get more love then he does right now.

He has been very solid when playing in the SHL against men as you said, i like his chances of making the NHL alot tbh.

And on another note: He was probably Slovakias best D-man in the last WJC.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Im suprised that he does not get more love then he does right now.

He has been very solid when playing in the SHL against men as you said, i like his chances of making the NHL alot tbh.

And on another note: He was probably Slovakias best D-man in the last WJC.

He actually was our best D at WJC. He also had a good camp before WHC, but was (unfairly) snubbed at the last moment.

Hopefully, he will get some PP time next season.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Don't know a damn good thing about him personally, but I kinda hope the reports are true and he's a good player being held back a bit by skating issues. We have a decent history (Stone, Smith) improving skating.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Seems like he might make the team as a defensive defenseman some day.

Which we don't really have much of on the right side. Sounds like he has the talent, just needs to improve his skating a little which is fine with me. If our guys can turn Stone into a NHL level skater than they can for this kid also.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Love the pick, finally a Slovak! If he can play in Sweden I doubt skating is that big of an issue.

Maybe he is the next Volchenkov :)

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Seems like he might make the team as a defensive defenseman some day.

He could become a very good two-way defenseman. He had good numbers throughout his junior career, but not so much against men. However, from what I've seen last season, he was just playing safe. Once he get comfortable, we will see his offensive potentional more.

This is just one example what he can do (clip WJC against czechs, creates 2 good chances in under one minute, #26):

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
He could become a very good two-way defenseman. He had good numbers throughout his junior career, but not so much against men. However, from what I've seen last season, he was just playing safe. Once he get comfortable, we will see his offensive potentional more.

This is just one example what he can do (clip WJC against czechs, creates 2 good chances in under one minute, #26):

I know it's only a short clip, but that doesn't look like a guy who is just a big lumbering stay at home D man.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Which we don't really have much of on the right side. Sounds like he has the talent, just needs to improve his skating a little which is fine with me. If our guys can turn Stone into a NHL level skater than they can for this kid also.

To be fair, i think that's more on Stone's incredible determination. We haven't been able to improve guys like wiercioch's skating that much. or Grybas. Cowen's skating seems to get worse(yes injuries) but with stone as the only real example, i think it's all on stone.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Just thought I'd say this, having watched both of these kids play since they were 16 years old, I think Jaros will be a better player than Cernak, who was taken in the second round.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
button said Jaros plays to win and emphatically said he is one nasty defenseman

chara 2.0
Saw him at the development camp today and he has an absolute cannon of a shot...and it wasn't even close when comparing him to the others on the ice today. A huge, heavy shot. So many good picks in this draft, can't wait!!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Saw him at the development camp today and he has an absolute cannon of a shot...and it wasn't even close when comparing him to the others on the ice today. A huge, heavy shot. So many good picks in this draft, can't wait!!

Ive noticed in a few reports that they say he has potential to be a more offensive dman but he doesnt shoot. Some say he has a bomb of a shot

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Looks like a mini-Volchenkov at Development Camp. Nice game yesterday. His penalty shot draws a Volchenkov comparison as well. Wonder if he can ride a bicycle like him? Like the potential a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad