Prospect Info: 2015 107th overall - Christian Wolanin (D) Muskegon [USHL]

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Andreas Dackell was drafted as a 23 year old.

There are exceptions to every rule.

I want to say lots of players were underscouted back then and Dackell had good numbers in Sweden going as far back as 19

People regularly say its hard to get steals because everyone has seen everyone

Your point is true though. There is and will always be exceptions

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Wolanin isn't under scouted. He's a late bloomer. He's like those yearly college players every team wants, except we own his rights.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Wolanin isn't under scouted. He's a late bloomer. He's like those yearly college players every team wants, except we own his rights.

Thats my point Dackell might of been underscouted for years. Wolanin has been seen by scouts for a few years now

Hes a late bloomer but an increase in production is expected for 20 years olds. Look at Harpur and Dane Fox(he did play with McDavid)

Theres plenty of cases of 20 year olds putting up great numbers compared to teenagers. Im not saying this is fully the case with Wolanin but he should have good numbers as a 20 year old

Plenty of juniors teams have some of their best players are undrafted 19/20 year olds

I feel more confident myself in thinking he was just a crappy forward but is a good defenseman rather then late bloomer. Kinda silly though i know

Last edited:

Othello*

He probably would have went undrafted lol. Would MUCH rather have picked Parker Wotherspoon

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Maybe the sens knew someone was going to take him in the 5th.

Sens seem to have specific targets in the later rounds that they do t mind taking early if they know they can be certain they get them

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think it's weird that they drafted Wolanin before Ahl, and even Jaros. The way I see it, I would've been happy at 36 with Chlapik and at 48

with Gagné so swap those two and it's a wash, then I'm happy with Ahl in the 4rth and Jaros also but that Wolanin pick makes me wonder

honestly. Daccord is probably a wasted pick but in the 7th round it's fine.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Excited to see what this guy brings this season. Could be a pleasant surprise

also damnnn some of these comments are harsh

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol ^

I think Wolanin will thrive a lottt behind BOTH EK and Chabot. He'll be able to play his game properly with no real pressure to contribute more than he should.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Excited to see what this guy brings this season. Could be a pleasant surprise

also damnnn some of these comments are harsh

No surprising for the comments. Pretty rare that players are drafted this late in their development but our scouting staff know exactly what they're doing and they are probably the best scouting staff in the entire league at evaluating potential in later rounds. (Dzingel, Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, Batherson, Wolanin, Jaros)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
probably gets buried due to harpur/boro

There is a spot on the team for all of these guys:

Karlsson
Ceci
Chabot
Boro
Wideman
Harpur
Wolanin

I would be surprised if Wolanin was the guy left out and there are always injuries. One thing is for sure though, if Wolanin plays well enough he will definitely earn a spot as it should not be very hard to play better than Harpur and even Wideman. I would not be worried about Wolanin being left out, Boucher needs to win this year and the team will have the best players on the ice no matter their age or experience (Hopefully).

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if the pairings are....

Boro/Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro/Harpur-Wolanin

Hopefully it ends up like....

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
As the incumbent captain of the Ottawa Senators, no way Boro doesn't start as EK's partner. At least there isn't a Harpur or Boro situation. Boro starts every game he is considered healthy, and every game where he decides to stay on despite getting crushed/mangled up on a play. He true boss.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
There is a spot on the team for all of these guys:

Karlsson
Ceci
Chabot
Boro
Wideman
Harpur
Wolanin

I would be surprised if Wolanin was the guy left out and there are always injuries. One thing is for sure though, if Wolanin plays well enough he will definitely earn a spot as it should not be very hard to play better than Harpur and even Wideman. I would not be worried about Wolanin being left out, Boucher needs to win this year and the team will have the best players on the ice no matter their age or experience (Hopefully).

i was going based off ld rd scenario

rd
karlsson
ceci
wideman

ld
chabot

with last 2 ld spots being between harpur/boro/wolanin

boro is a bigger lock for our team then karlsson is and with how boucher coaches harpur probably has a leg up over wolanin

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Wideman is criminally underrated around here....He was fantastic last year before the injury and in EK's absence yet some have him as the 7th D. He's easily ahead of Boro / Harpur / Ceci / Wolanin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Barring anymore movement, this is how I expect it to shake out.

Harpur or Wolanin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Harpur or Wolanin

I think Dorion & Boucher know Boro thrives in a 3rd pairing role and we would just be setting him up for failure by putting him on the top pairing. That said, we don't have any good options unless Chabot grabs it.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->