WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

All french canadians haters make me laugh right now! That's not politic, that's hockey and we'll have the best team on the ice for the tournament, from what I saw tonight (Except Fleury)...
Allez chier les estis d'anglais qui pensent tout savoir du hockey!

Arrête de jouer la victime. Hockey Canada avait une résponsabilité de choisir la méilleure équipe possible et ca na pas était fait.

It's not about french vs not french. It's just a stupid decision. Ritchie will take Dal Colle's role. He'll fail at it. Probably be in the box 80% of the game.
The Gauthier example is just Team Canada not straying away from their horrendous team building concepts.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Crouse is fine, but Ritchie, Paul and Gauthier over Dal Colle is dumb after we barely managed to score a goal. Ritchie didn't do anything either and will make a bonehead or something, he is not built for international hockey, he's a Lucic, loose cannon.

Dal Colle - 21 goals 23 games.

Ritchie - 14 goals 25 games

Paul - 19 goals 27 games

Gauthier - 8 goals 15 games.

Not like Dal Colle is wrecking these guys. And all 3 add more as bottom 6 guys who's stats aren't far off from MDC. Especially Paul.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
Im thinking of starting a thread/poll now called:

"Who thinks Ritchie will commit a potentially tournament ending penalty"

Then when it happens we can rub it in,

Ritchie over Dal Colle is actually laughable

as someone who doesnt watch Ricthie, is he really worse than when Kassian, Downie, Tootoo, and there was a guy a few yrs back who was a cheap player. I think a Leafs draft pick. These guys all played undisciplined yet HC still takes them. If Ritchie isnt worse than those guys, I am not surprised he made it,

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
The Fleury cut wouldn't be so bad if I didn't love what I saw from Morin as well, although if I was basing who would be cut purely from tonight's eye test then Bowey would have been my first cut. Of course, Bowey is a rare right handed stick Canada otherwise lacks, other factors to consider. Personally, above all else, I think cutting after just one game isn't ideal anyway.

Yeah. Weird how it all shook out. Let's hope we come out of the gates strong and snag that gold

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Well, considering Canada didn't dress their best forward from last year and a possible generational talent, I think they'll be ok.

Those guys were there last year and the makeup of the team was similar with big useless players like Anderson, Rychel and Gauthier didn't help us then. One or two players won't change a ton Dal Colle is one of the only pure snipers they have, even McDavid its not his forte, would have been fine had this happened after another bad performance against Sweden.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

Paul - 19 goals 27 games

Not like Dal Colle is wrecking these guys. And all 3 add more as bottom 6 guys who's stats aren't far off from MDC. Especially Paul.

Uhh, sorry but those discrepancies are pretty big.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
that is my argument. Outside of morrissey and nurse who the hell stood out today? No one.

Theodore heatherington fleury morin were all pedestrian and bowey looked horrible on that last goal.

I guess my basis is just that if you're picking a team for a tournament, someone like Fleury can bring the same abilities as someone like Heatherington, and more.

I like Heatherington though I'm not trying to take anything away from him. I know which player is the better prospect, but still look forward to seeing how the CBJ pick does regardless.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
And thats why in my opinion you cut the guy with the STYLE that is most likely to make a big mistake -- a Morin type.

Ill be honest, if I'm the coach, I would cut Nurse. I see his ability moving forward, and I know he will be a good NHLer, but for this team, at this level, he is going to make a lot of bad turnovers. My prediction

how is morin more suspetible to making a mistake as oppose to theodore, who got caught up the ice too far twice today?

All these d have their flaws , and to me this is by far the weakest point of team Canada.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
as someone who doesnt watch Ricthie, is he really worse than when Kassian, Downie, Tootoo, and there was a guy a few yrs back who was a cheap player. I think a Leafs draft pick. These guys all played undisciplined yet HC still takes them. If Ritchie isnt worse than those guys, I am not surprised he made it,

Discipline has been a huge sticking point for me after seeing Canada lose out recently. And to be fair, it isn't only from the Kassian's of the world: I remember Drouin being a selfish ***** last year, as well as Schiefele back in 2013 on multiple occasions.

That being said, knowing his rep and what I saw during summer camp, Ritchie must have made a promise to keep his cool in this tourney. If he goes off, Team Canada is responsible.

Dec 3, 2012
Arrête de jouer la victime. Hockey Canada avait une résponsabilité de choisir la méilleure équipe possible et ca na pas était fait.

It's not about french vs not french. It's just a stupid decision. Ritchie will take Dal Colle's role. He'll fail at it. Probably be in the box 80% of the game.
The Gauthier example is just Team Canada not straying away from their horrendous team building concepts.

You're probably a better coach than him

DoubleDouble*

Keep hating bud! You better not cheer when they win and Gauthier is a shutdown stud!

PK

Gauthier - Lazar
Nurse - Morin

Paul - Reinhart
Morrissey - Hicketts

PP

Domi - McDavid - Gauthier
Theodore - Morrissey

Duclair - Petan - Lazar
Nurse - Reinhart

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Those guys were there last year and the makeup of the team was similar with big useless players like Anderson, Rychel and Gauthier didn't help us then. One or two players won't change a ton Dal Colle is one of the only pure snipers they have, even McDavid its not his forte, would have been fine had this happened after another bad performance against Sweden.

McDavid was 16, Duclair and Lazar weren't coming from NHL jobs. I'm not worried about goal scoring in the slightest.

DoubleDouble*

Gauthier was superb. The offensive players dissapeared. Don't blame that on the 4th line.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Uhh, sorry but those discrepancies are pretty big.

Not that big. If his scoring were that impressive he'd have landed a top 6 role. Against those other 3, sure other then Paul its a bit of a discrepancy, but its, not huge. The 'I' word also comes into effect. But the goal scoring among all of them seems more then good enough for the team.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Gauthier was superb. The offensive players dissapeared. Don't blame that on the 4th line.

Haha, Gauthier superb. I like his board game, protects the puck well with his size and has definitely improved his mobility. Out on open ice, he is a non factor with the puck, which I don't love seeing from anyone no matter their role.

But whatever, so long as he wins faceoffs and does well on the PK then he's a decent asset for the team.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Too much panic here...TC outshot them by 30 plus shots and didn't dress Hicketts Lazar, Petan and McDavid.

We'll be just fine. I thought Dal Colle was invisible, surprised at Fleury. Hicketts will surprise everyone.

Start Comrie we'll win the whole thing.

Dec 3, 2012

Paul - 19 goals 27 games

And Chartier has 32 goals in 30 games and nobody is mad at him being cut..

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Dal Colle a surprise cut for sure, but who would he push out of the top six ? If DC isnt scoring in the bottom 6 he is missing the speed or grit the ones left still have. Not saying i like the cut by any means but i get it

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
Keep hating bud! You better not cheer when they win and Gauthier is a shutdown stud!

PK

Gauthier - Lazar
Nurse - Morin

Paul - Reinhart
Morrissey - Hicketts

PP

Domi - McDavid - Gauthier
Theodore - Morrissey

Duclair - Petan - Lazar
Nurse - Reinhart

lol Gauthier on 1st PP unit

My PP1:

Fabbri - McDavid - Reinhart
Virtanen - Hicketts

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Dal Colle a surprise cut for sure, but who would he push out of the top six ? If DC isnt scoring in the bottom 6 he is missing the speed or grit the ones left still have. Not saying i like the cut by any means but i get it

When will Canada realize this isn't the NHL and you don't need a true bottom 6. Should always take BPA,

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Fabbri - McDavid - Lazar
Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Petan - Paul - Virtanen
Ritchie - Gauthier - Point
Crouse

Morrissey - Bowey
Nurse - Theodore
Morin - Hicketts
Heatherington

That top-6 is pretty damn good. Every one of them could very well be full-time NHLers next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad