WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Doesn't matter who really. He should be on the team ahead of Crouse, ahead of Richie, ahead of Chartier, and even though they play vastly different roles, ahead of Gauthier.

It's just dumb.

True, but it is worth pointing out that a guy like Gauthier, as much as I was never a fan, would be on the team for an entirely different purpose anyway. Dal Colle was going head to head with the likes of Crouse and Ritchie, neither of which impress me. Seriously, what is it about Crouse? Guy is 17 and his stats don't indicate a special player at all. Surely there was a 19 year old who could do what he does.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You gotta stop goals, too. With your logic, we'd have the same kind of team that has lost us medals over the last few years.

They are picking defensibly responsible players too. In a vaccuum DC is way better than Gauthier or Crouse, but hockey isn't just offence.

The kind of team that has lost us medals is the kind of team with one or two lines that can score.

Jun 15, 2014
Don't see how or why they would cut players based off of one game.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So Crouse and Ritchie both made it. Over Dal Colle.

Congrats Hockey Canada! Good thing they got lucky with send downs, otherwise I think the Americans would run roughshod over the poor ********.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Crouse - Gauthier - Virtanen was a good line today.

They are a solid 4th line. I counted multiple chances they had to score.

It also gives tons of utility.

It's the right call.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Gauthier does have a role on this team -- PK, faceoffs, the fact that if he makes contact with another player they go down. He is also a clean player.

BUT.

Dal Colle should be on this team. Good bottom 6 lines in the game of hockey have both defensive presence and offensive presence. For all the Leafs fans here, we can attest what Panik has done to our 4th line, helping add another dimension

PS.

One right decision was Crouse -- looked good out there.

ZeroPT*

You gotta stop goals, too. With your logic, we'd have the same kind of team that has lost us medals over the last few years.

They are picking defensibly responsible players too. In a vaccuum DC is way better than Gauthier or Crouse, but hockey isn't just offence.

Gauthier did a great job of stopping goals last year.

DoubleDouble*

Wow you guys are aggressive.

#hatersgonnahate #Gauthier22isalock #CanadaforGold

GuillaumeLetsundress*

thought theyd keep dalcolle over one of ritchie/crouse

surprised they cut fleury, genuinely thought it would be between morin/heatherington guess they wanted the big defenders as there is enough potential offense and skating ability on the back end

all in all these decisions can be justified, dal colle will be the shocker but in the end it is pretty understandable, very tough to do

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
So Crouse and Ritchie both made it. Over Dal Colle.

Congrats Hockey Canada! Good thing they got lucky with send downs, otherwise I think the Americans would run roughshod over the poor ********.
Crouse earned his spot.

I really doubt Dal Colle will make that much of a difference when all is said and done. He is a good player but he isn't the end all be all for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad