GDT: 2014 WJC talk

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The panic in the media here about Team Canada is over the top.....just can`t accept that this country has been matched, and some could argue with validity passed by a few nations in their development/assessment process.

I have no bones to pick with the selection of this years team, went into the tourney pretty secure that this was as far from a true Medal contender as they have iced in years....

.....but have to be honest, one thing this team seems to have been lacking in the last few years are a few of those nasty, hard hitting players that bring pure energy. Didn`t like Camara on TC, too much of a loose cannon. Tootoo was a beast when the championships were here in Halifax, played on the edge but not irresponsible.

Just no real toughness to speak of IMO

Either way, I`m always proud of these kids, ridiculous they have the pressure of the nation put on their teenage shoulders every year, then when they don`t win a medal, or it`s not the medal too many expect, it`s almost like this giant toss them under the bus routine, makes me sick

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I enjoyed the tournament, thought the hockey was good, our prospects did reasonably well, can't wait till next year:handclap:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The panic in the media here about Team Canada is over the top.....just can`t accept that this country has been matched, and some could argue with validity passed by a few nations in their development/assessment process.

I have no bones to pick with the selection of this years team, went into the tourney pretty secure that this was as far from a true Medal contender as they have iced in years....

.....but have to be honest, one thing this team seems to have been lacking in the last few years are a few of those nasty, hard hitting players that bring pure energy. Didn`t like Camara on TC, too much of a loose cannon. Tootoo was a beast when the championships were here in Halifax, played on the edge but not irresponsible.

Just no real toughness to speak of IMO

Either way, I`m always proud of these kids, ridiculous they have the pressure of the nation put on their teenage shoulders every year, then when they don`t win a medal, or it`s not the medal too many expect, it`s almost like this giant toss them under the bus routine, makes me sick

Doesn't help we haven't had a quality goaltender at one of these tournaments since, what like Steve Mason way back in 2007/2008?

I like it imo. Competition is never a bad thing.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Doesn't help we haven't had a quality goaltender at one of these tournaments since, what like Steve Mason way back in 2007/2008?

I like it imo. Competition is never a bad thing.

When you say you like "it", what are you referring to?

The panic in the media? The throwing of teenagers under the bus? Something else?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The media panic, mostly.

All this will do is push our country to compete harder in order to keep up, which is why i welcome the competition. All we can ask these kids to do is give it their best effort, and with a stronger field we may see a new level of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad