Pre-Game Talk: 2014 WJC Discussion [Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce invited to Camp]

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Yep, that's an example of two players who were labeled as 3rd liners and essentially rose above those standards to become 1st/2nd line forwards. It happens, which is why I don't like to label "ceilings" on players. When I say I believe Gaunce has 3rd line upside, what I mean is I believe he will become a good 3rd line center. Could he become a 1st line center? Yup, it's just too damn hard to predict how certain players will develop, so it isn't wise to rule anything out. It's not like I'd be shocked to see Gaunce as our future #2C, but I think he'll top out as a good #3C. I sure hope I am understating him, and I hope his development curve peaks late.

Also depends on the team. Bolland was the Hawks' 3rd line centre, he'll most likely be moving up in Toronto.

It's not like being the third line centre because Henrik and Kesler are ahead of him means he's a bum. (Are you listening Mr Hodgson???)

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Also depends on the team. Bolland was the Hawks' 3rd line centre, he'll most likely be moving up in Toronto.

It's not like being the third line centre because Henrik and Kesler are ahead of him means he's a bum. (Are you listening Mr Hodgson???)

Having a solid 3rd line is a big key to having a cup contending team. If you can put out a 3rd line that can not only be solid defensively but grind out some offense, you are going to be very succesfull.

If Gaunce can play that role for the Canucks then that goes a long way to creating a good hockey team. Look at the Oilers, they drafted skill, skill and more skill and can't take the next step.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
So the latest from the prospects forum is that Shinkaruk and Gaunce will be lucky to battle it out for the 13th forward slot.

3080895-7908154306-tumbl.jpg

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
So the latest from the prospects forum is that Shinkaruk and Gaunce will be lucky to battle it out for the 13th forward slot.

3080895-7908154306-tumbl.jpg

Gotta love it when Flames/Oilers fans bashing Canucks prospects so much that the rest of the board starts to follow like lemmings.

I gave up on there, when asking people to back up their claims made me a bad guy lol.

Nothing ruins a players stock more than being drafted by the Canucks, am i right?:sarcasm:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Gotta love it when Flames/Oilers fans bashing Canucks prospects so much that the rest of the board starts to follow like lemmings.

I gave up on there, when asking people to back up their claims made me a bad guy lol.

Nothing ruins a players stock more than being drafted by the Canucks, am i right?:sarcasm:

:laugh: And suddenly everyone loves Mantha because he could displace a Canuck prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad