2014 UFA's

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Sorry AW, re-reading again and I'm not sure what I read into your post. Definitely agree with you, lol.

Interesting that Leipold still chooses to throw big $ at players despite all those "losses" they've taken the last few years... :shakehead

No prob! And agreed about Leipold. What a joke.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
First of all, stop flaming posters for their opinions. Our discussions here are meant to be about hockey, not about members. Debate the post, but do not talk about the poster. At all. It's either off topic or it's flaming. If predshab wants to talk about trades or free agency signings that is perfectly fine and well within the purpose of this board. If you want to talk about predshab, don't do it here. If you disagree then construct an argument that does not bring the poster into it.

Second, we are not holding Weber against his will. He willingly signed an offer sheet. We matched it. He willingly plays hockey. We pay him for it. If he wants to leave he can retire, or he can demand a trade and see how that goes.

Third, there are 29 other teams in this league. Our chances of signing big name free agents isn't great to begin with just because of that. Yes, we are in a town that is non-traditional when it comes to hockey, but there are other perks to making large sums of money in Tennessee. Sometimes players want to go to specific locations. That doesn't mean Nashville being a non-traditional market is going to kill our attractiveness for all free agents. Sometimes we just have to be patient and realize not every summer or trade deadline is going to be worthy of a party.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
updated again with two more signings today off my list: Pominville and Seidenberg

1.Vanek-$7.142857 29
2.Thornton-$7.0 34
3.Stastny-$6.6 27
4.Phaneuf-$6.5 28
5.Cammalleri-$6.0 31
6.Kulemin-$2.8 27
7.Grabovski-$3.0 29
8.Ott-$2.95 31
9.Vrbata-$3.0 32
10.Legwand-$4.5 33
11 Niskanen-$2.3 26

1. Vanek- top line guy, scorer, he is good
2. Phaneuf- If we cannot get any offensive people here could you imagine a Weber-Josi, Jones-Phaneuf top four
3. Statsny- decent option if others will not come here
4. Thornton- older but still has something left
5. Grabovski- depends alot on what he does this year. I think Caps will be happy with him a the #2C
6. Cammalleri- decent second tier player
7. Kulemin- could be a good player to have on the team if he rebounds this year
8. Ott - a possible Gaustad replacement if he is bought out. I like him alot
9. Legwand- as long as he wants to be a Pred let him as long as it is Cap friendly.
10. Vrbata- decent second tier player
11. Niskanen- good solid defenseman

This third list is avg goals scored and the years I used to Calculate.
1. Vanek-31.25 goals - 8 yrs
2. Cammalleri-24.5 goals-8yrs
3. Thornton-21.222 goals- 9yrs
4. Vrbata-20 goals-6yrs
5. Stastny-19.285 goals-7yrs
6. Grabovski-18.2goals- 5yrs
7. Legwand-17.285714 goals- 7yrs
8. Kulemin-15 goals-5yrs
9. Ott-14.6 goals- 5yrs
10. Phaneuf- 13.25 goals-8yrs
11. Niskanen- 4.166 goals- 6yrs

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
First of all, stop flaming posters for their opinions. Our discussions here are meant to be about hockey, not about members. Debate the post, but do not talk about the poster. At all. It's either off topic or it's flaming. If predshab wants to talk about trades or free agency signings that is perfectly fine and well within the purpose of this board. If you want to talk about predshab, don't do it here. If you disagree then construct an argument that does not bring the poster into it.

Second, we are not holding Weber against his will. He willingly signed an offer sheet. We matched it. He willingly plays hockey. We pay him for it. If he wants to leave he can retire, or he can demand a trade and see how that goes.

Third, there are 29 other teams in this league. Our chances of signing big name free agents isn't great to begin with just because of that. Yes, we are in a town that is non-traditional when it comes to hockey, but there are other perks to making large sums of money in Tennessee. Sometimes players want to go to specific locations. That doesn't mean Nashville being a non-traditional market is going to kill our attractiveness for all free agents. Sometimes we just have to be patient and realize not every summer or trade deadline is going to be worthy of a party.

I have often wondered why players will turn down good money here and go places where they are going to lose lots of their paycheck to taxes either state or local or both. That is the one thing I cannot understand no matter what type of market we are.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Fun to look at now, but this is way way too early. Everyone on that list will probably sign before July 1. Building through UFA is never a good plan, especially for us. Need to draft and develop youngsters better.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Fun to look at now, but this is way way too early. Everyone on that list will probably sign before July 1. Building through UFA is never a good plan, especially for us. Need to draft and develop youngsters better.

I know not much of these players will not remain. That is my point if you read my first post on here. Preds just never seem to get that top line forward in the draft. So we will have to do tons better in that aspect.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
updated again with two more signings today off my list: Pominville and Seidenberg

1.Vanek-$7.142857 29
2.Thornton-$7.0 34
3.Stastny-$6.6 27
4.Phaneuf-$6.5 28
5.Cammalleri-$6.0 31
6.Kulemin-$2.8 27
7.Grabovski-$3.0 29
8.Ott-$2.95 31
9.Vrbata-$3.0 32
10.Legwand-$4.5 33
11 Niskanen-$2.3 26

1. Vanek- top line guy, scorer, he is good
2. Phaneuf- If we cannot get any offensive people here could you imagine a Weber-Josi, Jones-Phaneuf top four
3. Statsny- decent option if others will not come here
4. Thornton- older but still has something left
5. Grabovski- depends alot on what he does this year. I think Caps will be happy with him a the #2C
6. Cammalleri- decent second tier player
7. Kulemin- could be a good player to have on the team if he rebounds this year
8. Ott - a possible Gaustad replacement if he is bought out. I like him alot
9. Legwand- as long as he wants to be a Pred let him as long as it is Cap friendly.
10. Vrbata- decent second tier player
11. Niskanen- good solid defenseman

This third list is avg goals scored and the years I used to Calculate.
1. Vanek-31.25 goals - 8 yrs
2. Cammalleri-24.5 goals-8yrs
3. Thornton-21.222 goals- 9yrs
4. Vrbata-20 goals-6yrs
5. Stastny-19.285 goals-7yrs
6. Grabovski-18.2goals- 5yrs
7. Legwand-17.285714 goals- 7yrs
8. Kulemin-15 goals-5yrs
9. Ott-14.6 goals- 5yrs
10. Phaneuf- 13.25 goals-8yrs
11. Niskanen- 4.166 goals- 6yrs

How do none of you mention the Sedins?