2014 U18 WJC Preview: Germany likely headed for relegation showdown

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

For several years now, Team Germany has found a way to not only keep itself afloat as one of the top 10 ice hockey nations in the world at the IIHF U18 World Championship, but has actually managed to battle its way into the quarterfinals. This has been the case for four years running, but the last three years were due in large part to the participation of the dynamic duo of Leon Draisaitl and Dominik Kahun.

The day and age where this excellent pairing was good for some of the event’s most offensive dynamics are now a thing of the past, however, so the country will have to hope that a few new heroes are able to make things happen, as this club will rely almost solely on players who spent this past season playing for the country’s top junior league, the DNL.… read more

More...

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
There is one little mistake in the article. Proske and Mannheim did not sweep Berlin in the DNL finals. It was a best-of-3 series and Mannheim won 2-1.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
I was watching the game between Slovakia and Germany yesterday. Two players that played well for Germany were John Rogl and Andreas Eder. Rogl was a big, strong defenseman with solid decision making and passing game. Eder skated very well for his size, but I didn't like all of his decisions with the puck. He was good, nonetheless. I also thought 97's Maximilian Daubner and Jakob Mayenschein played pretty well.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I was watching the game between Slovakia and Germany yesterday. Two players that played well for Germany were John Rogl and Andreas Eder. Rogl was a big, strong defenseman with solid decision making and passing game. Eder skated very well for his size, but I didn't like all of his decisions with the puck. He was good, nonetheless. I also thought 97's Maximilian Daubner and Jakob Mayenschein played pretty well.

Thank you very much for sharing. Since there are no streams this is really appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->